The most dangerous bikes on the road???

I was thinking surely these are the most dangerous bikes on the road. Besides the fact that everyone ive ever seen ride like utter pricks!

but seriously in an accedent the bike slips from under you and away. Surely on one of these when sideways the roof just traps you in the middle dragging you down the road??? So… not just butt fuggggin ugly and owned by idiots… dangerous too…???

Attachments

BMW-C1.jpg

I think they ride like that because they are sub-consciously angry at being regarded as an object of ridicule by anyone with a prober bike. Or scooter. Or moped. Or bicycle… ;)By the way, has anyone ever seen one that hasn’t had the sticky-out crash protector thingy broken off?

yesterday i saw one of those (not a BMW another make) that had two guys in it!! looked abit ‘tight’ :w00t:

then again maybe they were ‘good friends’ :hehe:

Ey! that e’ll be it :smiley:

i like the people that sit on the back hanging on for dear life…the fear in there eyes:D

Aye, the phrase “mobile portaloo” goes through my head everytime I see one of those…:smiley:

I don’t know what it is but everytime I see one of those I feel an overwhelming urge to punch the rider square in the face. Can’t think why though…

and don’t get me started on those BMW riders blocking up the M4 buslane when I’m on my way home from work (more rage)…

Love the way they ignore you when you pull up next to them. Its like they just know youre laughing. :smiley:

But just think of the cool stunts you could do. Scream down the road as fast as you can, and then hit the fronts brakes. People will think you’re doing a stoppie, and then suddenly you are rolling down the road! :smiley:

MINE:D

At last, someone else who’s noticed that! I never seen one that has them intact. It’s always amused me that, surely a design fault that should’ve been rectified a long time ago. I can’t help but let the condescension flow through me whenever I see someone riding one of those numpty mobiles.

Having witnessed a SMIDSY involving one of these hit head on by a right turning car, I would say they are very safe. Any other bike and the rider would have gone flying and would have a range of serious injuries. In this case the bike went down, the rider popped the seat belt, stood up and walked away without as much as a graze.

Gawd! What a lot of negativity people!

Personally I think the C1 was a bit a design triumph, breaking the mould of scooters and trying something new. OK it was not a huge success but 10/10 to BMW for trying.

Everytime I see one I smile to myself and am glad that some folk at least try to think outside the box!

Hmm… split here… I always nod to 'em - I nod to anything with 2 wheels and a motor, but I do wonder what sort of person would buy one?

Is it a biker who wants a safe town bike?

A cager who can’t afford the parking? (Ironic if they work in Westminster :D)

Or are they a breed apart?

According to Paul Blezzard, (Who he? Oh, that tozer.) feet forward, caged motorcycling is the safest form of PTW.

You just have to learn to keep everything inside the cage.

Well that will be a natural instinct after the first few crashes, so Paul should know.

Theory is fine, just can’t stand the practice.

I remember seeing ‘Tomorrows world’ years ago as kid - and they featured a motorcycle with a roof - it was a pukka motorcycle with a sharply raked aerodynamic windscreen which wrapped over the bike like the C1 - I seem to remember them saying that we would all be riding motorcycles with rooves in the future (i.e. the 1990’s! :smiley: )

Does anyone remember the motocycle luggage carrying system tomorrows world featured as well - it looked really handy - it was like a miniature side car attached to the bike with a piston which allowed you to lean like a normal motorcycle - you could also take it off quite easily so you weren’t lumbered with it when you didn’t need it.

you mean the Quaser

Attachments

chris_in_quaser_Bath_wf.jpg

Yes that’s it! really caught on didn’t it. . . :smiley:

i’ve found a few motorcycles with roofs for your viewing pleasure:D

and my favorite motorcyle with roof picture:w00t: