The best laid plans of mice and men...

So my plan today was pretty simple - go to work, do some fairly important work, go ride my new shiny bike and try and work out how to make it turn corners and stop without killing me, then go home.

That seems pretty simple, right ? I mean, sure, I struggle with the little things from time to time, but how can even I screw that up?

The problems started when a mate from an ex-employer invited me out for lunch. And to make it worse, one of the guys I’d recently interviewed with would be there, as would his scouse mate who I get along famously with. I couldn’t turn down an offer like that, especially not on a day when my team has been reorged, so I went.

When I got there, there was a pint waiting for me, and another arrived before we were done. 2 pints by 2pm? Well, that rules out my ride for the night, especially given what I planned to experiment with on the bike!

But it got worse - there was to be a do tonight with some guys I’d never met, but who work in the same environments as I do, and some other guys who work in more interesting worlds (authors, music industry bods, etc al). It would have been irresponsible for my career to not go. So I did.

I don’t actually know how many hours ago that started, but now I’m sitting here back at work. This is going to be one helluva long night!

Sounds like a good night. They normally are when not planned! :slight_smile: