The agony of so many nice bikes

Insurance aint an issue, the built quality is, it aint no honda, yet it carries the badge and the engine… But god what an engine and its so nimble. Just dont expect the paint to last for long. Its really pretty when you get your head around it, poised, forward facing, angular and it goes like stink. But as far as I’m concerned, I would do anything to get my 07 fazer 600 back, not coz i dislike the CB, I love it when I’m riding it, its just all the ‘issues’ that bug it…

Have a bandit 12 myself.

After owning 19 bikes or so, it’s the first one where I am not already thinking of getting something else. Make of that what you will but I’ve had all different kinds and sizes of machines but the Bandit 12 is just a corker. It really is. Sweet engine. :smiley:

And you was worried about insurance on a cb1000?

new yamaha xj600 they look pretty cool & they are cheap,they are also replacing fz6 so may get some cheap fz6 out there.
or you could go for fz1 i think yamaha are 0% finance on some off these models

I dont think they are replacing the fz6 are they? I thought the new diversion was supposed to be an intermediate model with lesser suspension and other parts. I think yam are trying to make a ‘new’ class in between the 125’s and the 500/600’s but not as big/costly/high spec as the fizzers etc?? This worries me slightly as the suspension on the 06, 07, 08 fizzer was never that great and not that tweakable. If they intend to replace the fz6 then i’m amazed they have essentially downgraded their intermediate model… I could be wrong…

What’s your budget anyway?

i remember reading some Yamaha marketing guy saying that they will be fazing :Whistling: the fazer out :smiley:

Strewth.

Like I said, so many nice bikes.

I’m kinda in the hands of the GF as when she manages to pass her test we will be deciding whether she will have my bandit 6 and I can upgrade or whether she will get something for herself. She’s the one with the money :slight_smile:

Budget might be about £3k or might look at a finance deal…I’m straining at the bit but she’s far more careful financially.

Just to throw something else in the works what does everyone think of the Triumph Daytona 955i?

I think your best bet is to put together a list of which bikes you like then phone round for insurance quotes, because nowt more annoying than deciding on a bike then finding out you cant afford to insure it :slight_smile:

Good point.

Horrible job but will have to do it.

Daytona will be a cracking good road bike. JetStream has one, so PM him for info.

I’ve got a Sprint RS, and again, the 955i engine gives you a really good smooth power addiction.

Costs me £380 TFPT with 3 years NCB in a crap area (2 accidents and 1 bike stolen…) so not expensive.

Mine is a 2002 year with 11K on the clocks now. Bought it for £2350 with 2850 miles on the clocks in March last year. Seriously good bike for the money and comfortable and fast enough to have fun.

http://www.tescocompare.com/motorbike.shtmlI know it sounds weird to use something with Tesco in it for anything to do with a bike but via that website I managed to insure my RSV Mille for less than £200 fully comp inc.legal prot without an alarm (although I have a brick garage and an anchor). Carole nash wanted to charge me more and to force me to have an alarm fitted by “their” other company.

Its fairly quick and easy to use, gives you many choices and ways to lower your premium by adjusting the volontary excess and so on.

It is what I used when I was looking for a bike to buy and needed to see if I could afford the insurance.

That’s really interesting. Might go to Rosners this weekend, thay have one there.Cheers

my brother has a 955i and he seems to be paying a lot for maintenance on it but i know you like doing stuff yourself so it shouldn’t be to bad. i’d say go with the SVthou though it’s a great bike! :smiley: paid about £3500 for mine 05 on an 06 plate 5,000 miles anniversary edition. insurance is £340 a year 3pft

You really can’t go wrong with a ZX9R - I nearly got one myself - but seeing as I’ve already got a ZX7R I fancied a different breed of bike and got the Yam thunderarse.

Yeah, I love the look of your anniversary one. My favourite looking SV. Seen one for sale elsewhere but too expensive at the moment.

If you were looking for a “sportsbike” let say, you wont go far wong wwith a 954rr Fireblade ( 2002 - 2003 ). Sublime handling, stonking engine and prob the best litre sportsbike ever (including the new r1) And its as good in the hands of the most capable rider as it is with the average joe…

(edit: its the last blade built by “Tadao Baba” the man behind the fireblade).

:wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-SUZUKI-GSF-1200-K6-BLACK_W0QQitemZ270343609577QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item270343609577&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

check this one out and its just around the corner from you

In black too. Hard to resist bidding right now.

Sounds good. Aren’t they pricey though?