TFL are planning to introduce a charge for using Blackwall and Silvertown tunnels - including bikes!

We don’t have a French-style alternative to the montorway network, though - much as tolls on all motorways might bring in some money, it’ll also shift much of the traffic onto the relatively more expensive other roads. I think the money-saving in transport is being done by simply not spending very much on it, you can’t really both do that and charge for it.

We already have toll roads, like the M6 that you mentioned. None of these are unanswered questions.

Put in my response.

Consultation report published.  Bikes will still be charged.

http://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/wp-content/ipc/uploads/projects/TR010021/2.%20Post-Submission/Application%20Documents/Reports/5.1%20Consultation%20Report.pdf

Looks like this is probably going ahead in 2025. Car drivers face £4 toll to use Blackwall tunnel or Silvertown tunnel, TfL road signs suggest | Evening Standard

£3 each way for motorbikes.

Yup, they have been rumbling on about this for ages. Don’t see how this is modelled on the Dart Charge though if we’re paying 75% the fee a car does when dart is free for bikes!

All this is going to do is push traffic elsewhere in my opinion. Meaning things like the Rotherhithe tunnel which is already rammed will become even worse.

There is a rumour going around certain London councils that rotherine tunnel will be EV and cyclists only