telling the folks

Yeah dude, man up and tell 'im. Maybe tell him you smoke crack and visit prozzies frequently first to soften the blow… Ta da!!! having a bike wont seem so harsh to him.

shando (relationship counsellor)

I kept my folks in the dark for a year and a half after I learnt to ride/got my first bike! I was at uni at the time, so it was pretty easy to keep it from them during term time. Then I kept it at a friends house who also had a bike during the times I was without uni accommodation. My brother and sister-in-law knew about it but were sworn to secrecy. He told all his work colleagues and everyone thought it was generally hilarious!:rolleyes:

Eventually I decided to tell the folks, first off by saying that I may have got a little scooter to get around London. Then gradually getting them used to the idea it was actually a smallish motorbike. Eventually my father confronted me saying its ‘not a small bike is it.’ The next 3 months were strained with my mum. They did fairly quickly accept it was a necessity as I was travelling a lot all over the South East countryside for my degree. :hehe:

But I never told them that I’d had it over a year… :wink:

Plus if the worst were to happen its better for the truth to come from you in the good times, than late at night by a Traffic Policeman on the doorstep… :ermm:

I’m the big side of 40 but I didn’t tell my mum that I came off and broke my ankle!
So when she finally turns up at the front door, and I’m standing there with my crutches, the conversation goes…

“oh mum, I knew you’d only worry, so I didn’t tell you… anyway it will fix itself soon. Now, I’ll make the tea and you can tell me all about those terrible neighbours of yours…”

:slight_smile:

I have never kept my motorcycling from my parents - I just have never told them about the times I fell off! Allegedly, I smashed my arm tripping over when running for a bus (the lack of other injuries made that credible) and when I was a teenager and skinned my hands and knees I told them I fell off my mate’s skateboard. It was a Z650 skateboard!

LOL! Love it. :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

For once, I agree with toby :w00t:

hehehe … if only it was that simple. I still picture her face, as she was calling for ambulance to fetch me out a 8 foot ditch … riding a road bike through a par, after it had been raining, is an incredibly stupid idea. :crazy: But she help me choose a replacement bike :stuck_out_tongue: