Teen builder asked to give up seat on tube

On a chilly December morning I sometimes wonder if public transport would be the better option, then I read stuff like this which reminds me of who I’d be sharing a carriage with…

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tube-passenger-ordered-me-to-move-seats-because-his-job-was-better-than-mine-a3140196.html

When I worked on building sites up town and had to commute it was amazing how snobby some office bods can be. Funny thing is at tge time I was a stone masons mate, tge mason I worked with was on great money, he probably earned more than a lot of the suits on the train!

i dont undestand why these people would talk down to builders, especially given the fact that the average builder could easily break the skinny office nerd’s neck. Don’t these sort of people think that the builder could just get up, spit at and physically intimidate them?

Some people just have an attitude of superiority that seems to override everything else, including common sense, basic manners and self-preservation. I know some skinheads who woulda got right in that guy’s face.

Some people just have an attitude of superiority that seems to override everything else, including common sense, basic manners and self-preservation. I know some skinheads who woulda got right in that guy's face. Von
Do I know you :)

I would have swung him round by his nasal hair! And then twisted his ear right round until he apologised. Then I would make him go on all fours and I’d use him as a seat.

Things like that annoy me. 

Years ago I worked for someone who was dirty rich! but she thought because she paid my wages I’d do whatever she wanted… She was not best pleased when I would tell her not my job and to get someone else to do it (I would usually help with anything but when they are that arrogant they can feck right off)…

Sounds like a bullshit story to me, all the years I worked on building sites getting the train home covered in dust no one even looked me in the eye, let alone spoke to me. :smiley:

I don’t have a clue what you guys are on about.

• posting from the left wing of my castle

How the heck did this become a news item?  If someone asked me to give up my seat in a similar situation, I would not have run off to The Standard and made it a news item.  Oh, hang on, that’s a good idea…

I think its more of the case of the news taking from twitter to talk about what people are talking about. So it’s pretty much all bullshit :smiley:

Nivag:  “Sounds like a bullshit story to me, all the years I worked on building sites getting the train home covered in dust no one even looked me in the eye, let alone spoke to me. :smiley:

Thought it sounded a bit suss… quite a few of these ‘news’ articles on MSN often don’t quite ring true.  Either way though, the other passengers in that carriage either had to contend with an arrogant old snob, or an oddball delusional teenage builder.  I think a commute by bike, even if cold & wet at times, is still the No.1 option   :slight_smile:

If he’s such a big shot where was his chauffeur or at least his cab? Good on the builder for sitting tight but such a shame he didn’t get a pic of the nobber

He’ll have a big fall coming at some point.

Sounds implausible, then I remember some of the things I’ve seen on the Tube.

Yeah, I can believe this happened after all…