TeapotOne

Hello folks, I’m another newbie on here.

To introduce myself, my name is Bruce Smart and I’m organising a charity event called ’TeapotOne’.

On the 1st October 2012 I will be setting off from the Cenotaph in Whitehall, London, to ride my Suzuki GSX-R1000, 100,000 miles, through over 66 countries, solo & unsupported, to raise £1,000,000 for my four selected charities:

The Royal British Legion,
Born Free Foundation,
The Children’s Trust, &
St Christopher’s Hospice.

Loads more information is available on the website www.teapotone.com including a bit of a background story as to why I’m doing the trip and why I’ve chosen these charities.

Over the next year to 16 months I’ll be attending loads of events and bike cafes to promote the event and drum up your support. If you see me please come over and say hi and have a chat. Similarly, if you read the site and think you’ve got some handy advice, or an event you think we should attend, feel free to drop me a line either through the contact page, via this forum, or to my email at [email protected]

I’m also drumming up some corporate backing to assist with the trip so if you own, or know of, a company that may be interested please let me know. We have a full corporate sponsorship package in place with very favourable rates offering full international exposure over a period of up to 3yrs.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Right, begging bowl is now away.

Hope to hear from and meet you someday soon.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the site.

Good on you for doing this, really hope it all comes together and the run goes well.

I’m part of several other bike forums so if you want to post on there I’ll PM you the details.

Jools.

Welcome Bruce,+1 for raising money for those charities. What made you want to do it then? What has given you the passion to raise money for those chosen charities? Just intrested to know your history :slight_smile:

Moto-King

Hi and welcome Bruce… wish you best the luck and hope you raise loads of money for your choosen charities… It’s a mammoth trip though have you choosen the right bike for it?

Hi Bruce
How are you?
I did 2200 miles on my CBR and was pretty broken by the end of the 8 days…and that was with the boyfriend carrying the camping stuff.
Good luck drumming up support…and on your GSXR.
Anita :slight_smile:

Good luck Brucy Baby!!!

smiled.