Take yer helmet off

When Shell first launched that app it said somewhere that motorcyclists should not use it as you are supposed to use the phone inside the car and not on the forecourt.  Never had opportunity to try it, but it seems they must have got rid of that requirement anyway as I cannot see it anywhere now.

Mind, I always take a photo of my clocks with my phone before I reset the trip when I fill up.  That has never been a problem anywhere.

Can anyone use Fill Up & Go?

• yes, if you have the Shell app or PayPal app on your mobile
  • you won't be able to use the app with a fuel card or fuel vouchers

for safety reasons, the Shell app isn’t suitable for motorcyclists

My Sainsbury’s local to work in hove has a lady that any sight of phone is straight on a tannoy…

I thought that the whole mobiles causing fires at petrol stations was a myth…

My Sainsbury's local to work in hove has a lady that any sight of phone is straight on a tannoy... I thought that the whole mobiles causing fires at petrol stations was a myth... Serrisan
It is total BS, but once it's out it's hard to pull it back. http://www.ukpia.com/industry_issues/health-and-safety/mobile-phones-on-forecourts.aspx

BP have an app as well that says not to be used outside of the car.

A few years back it was possible to hack into a petrol pumps automated delivery gauge with a mobile phone and retard the register. Making it possible to fill a 60L fuel tank but with only 5L of fuel registering on the system. Technology has moved on and the automated delivery gauges have been protected to some extent but it’s still possible to hack into them if you can get a mobile device close enough to the pump. Hence the requirement to keep inside your car.

BP have an app as well that says not to be used outside of the car.
nivag
Yes best to get off the bike and into a strangers car in full gear to use the app.

:joy:

Flip helmets are good for this.

Flip helmets are good for this.
hogtrumpet
That's why you have fingers.  ;)

Ok so that Shell app is shite. Tells me there’s no pay at pump in London

I don’t since I am away from home in summers. 

Never been asked, but I always get off the bike to fill up so maybe that helps. Also many Shell garages have an app to pay so once yu use it the pump is activated.

I stopped for petrol this morning and there were instructions on the process on the pump and they went like this:

1. Lift up nozzle
  2. Fill vehicle
  3. Replace nozzle
  4. Pay at the kiosk
No mention of moving vehicle out of the way so I think we're fine.