SV650S - to buy, or not to buy???

Husband and I have found a smashing looking SV650S on eBay - only drawer back, runs out tonight so not had time to view it. If win and go to collect and its a load of junk will just walk away!

Doing DAS in couple of weeks so this will be first bike - really like the SV’s and think for a first bike will be brilliant. Husband says if I don’t like we can sell and start over, but I’m worried about letting what could potential be a great bike (and bargain) get away.

Opinons please, mad or not?

My accountant said to me once that when buying cars and bikes sometimes your heart should rule your head;)

BUT

In saying that, the SV is a very popular bike and there will be lots more on sale. Might be worth kissing a few frogs before you buy your prince;)

Might be worth trying one out for size before you commit:)

If it’s cash on collection and it doesn’t match the description, then you walk away :wink:

As I’ve said before, much rather risk a negative feedback than buy a shed :smiley:

Husband has put the bid in on eBay so if it all goes pear shaped he can get the negative :slight_smile: if we win that is! Not put in a massive bid so will wait and see what happens.

Did you not get the info I sent you? Gabs.

No?? No info rcv’d!

go for the SV, i promise you wont regeret it, i bought mine 1 week after passing last august, and i still love it to bits!

go on go for the V-TWIN!!:smiley:

i dont use EBAY so cant really help there.

I’d take a chance. If it works out, you will very happy much sooner. and if it doesn’t you will be disappointed. But you still have more chances to buy the motorcycle of your dreams.

If you don’t chance it you will never lose, but until you do you can never win.

Lol. Bugger. Maybe I exceeded the word limit. Will find later and send again.

This mornings update: bike didn’t meet its reserve on eBay and have been given first refusal - £1,800 - good or bad?

SUZUKI SV650 s IN ABSOLUTELY STUNNING CONDITION, 51 PLATE, SEP 08 MOT, TAX OCT 08 RIDES LIKE NEW, FITTED WITH LOWER FAIRING AND TYRE HUGGER,ALPHA DOT , 10400 MLS, LOW (805mm) SEAT HEIGHT , FULL SERVICE HISTORY

Try this :wink:http://www.parkers.co.uk/motorbikes/used-prices/

OK, advice taken on board - going to leave this one! Not jumping at first thing that has come along…made that mistake once with an Audi (was a horribly expensive experience) :Whistling:

Thanks for all advice people :slight_smile: