Suzuki recall USA affects 68k bikes

http://www.wcpo.com/news/national/suzuki-recalls-more-than-68k-motorcycles-over-stalling-risk

Suzuki is recalling more than 68,000 motorcycles in the U.S. because the battery charging system can fail and cause the bikes to stall.

The recall affects 15 models from the 2008 to 2012 model years.

Thanks. Interesting.

I wonder if the UK bikes had the same problem.

Thanks. Interesting.

I wonder if the UK bikes had the same problem.

eezie
Doubt it....most of them are still in their garages ;)

65,000 on mine so far it deserves to be in the garage sometimes lol

65,000 on mine so far it deserves to be in the garage sometimes lol GSXRAng
There is always the exception to the rule !

I’m catching up with 56k miles

I wonder if this is what was causing my bike to stall every time I pulled the clutch… Oh well I crashed it before I ever found out… But mine had close to if not over 50k when it moved to the salvage heaven

Serrisan - That’s certainly worth investigating.

I’ve emailed Suzuki GB Ito ask if UK models are affected.

It’s to do the the regulator,basically they fry
The term stall isn’t the correct word to use the bike will cutout and it won’t restart as the reg is fried and there’s no power left in the battery,it won’t restart unless you fix the regulator or charge the battery

Serrisan - That's certainly worth investigating. Aceman
It would have been if I hadn't written the bike off :D

Suzuki GB replied. They say this problem only affects their US bikes.

And you believed them :joy:

why shouldn’t he?

Other than the affected models sharing exactly the same reg/rect part number as the UK ones… :wink:

Alot of models been sufferring this for ages, post 2008 Suzuki took steps to improve but not worked. Many have switched to the MOSFET rectifier to resolve, others have repositioned the OEM part to get better airflow to keep it cool. I believe the issue is heat build-up when stuck in traffic, weekend riders tend to be okay. l say best take action before you need to replace stator and battery as well.

Too right Brains, time to upgrade to a Triumph.

Too right Brains, time to upgrade to a Triumph. Jetstream
What and have problems with the whole bike