Suzuki Launches Race Support Programme

Here’s a press-release from Suzuki, not exactly home-page quality, but I thought it’d be worthy of a post here. So Chuffster, how about changing to supersport 600 on one of these new K6?

"Suzuki will continue to build on the Championship-winning success of its race-bred GSX-R range, with an additional 2006 rider-support package for club racers.

The Suzuki Race-Support Programme encourages racers to choose the World and AMA Superbike Championship-winning GSX-R1000 or ultra-nimble brand-new GSX-R600. Both machines will be offered to recognised race teams at a subsidised price, to compete in UK events during 2006.

Suzuki GB PLC already provides works support for the Rizla Suzuki and TAS Suzuki teams. This new initiative will see the company lend further support to serious contenders in the British Superbike and Privateer championships; Superstock championship and Superstock cup; MRO Powerbike series, and in selected road-race events in Northern Ireland.

Suzuki GB PLC have allocated 100 machines (50 x GSX-R1000K6 and 50 x GSX-R600K6) to support UK based race teams.

The programme, which is open to any ACU-licence holder with a confirmed entry in any of the listed championships, will be run in conjunction with Crescent Racing. The machines are strictly for race use only. Interested competitors are invited to contact Ashley Pierson at Crescent on 01202 820170.

Suzuki’'s Motorcycle Sales & Marketing Director, Nick Palmer, said: ‘‘The GSX-R heritage is about being at the race track. By working with Crescent we can provide a great bike with proven race experience. This winning combination will help teams realise their own potential on the race track’’."

http://www.suzuki-racing.com

Sounds good idea to me. I would love to race a 600 same as Oli but I am definately going to do the mini twins for my first year. If that is successful who knows what I will do afterwards. Still itching to do two classes at the moment, was thinking about 400 class as well but it would be financially a no go area with running the mini twin as well.

Suzuki wouldn’t give me the bike anyway, I am not in a recognised race team, have no personal experience and I believe that my age would definately count against me (40 next year!). It sounds like a very food opportunity for someone, perhaps a good up and coming youngester could utilise the deal.

Now if they did a race prepped mini-twin I would definately be giving them a call.