Suzuki GSXR servicing

Called WLS a few hours back. They quoted ‘around’ £250 for the 7.5k service. I’ve booked it in for next Saturday. I will confirm the quote with them next week cos I’m not a fan of ‘around’ quotes. They tend to increase when the final invoice is drawn up.

Smiled - I would prefer to take the bike to steve jordan but just think the £290 they’ve quote is a bit steep.

I’m hoping WLS will do a decent job.

Cheers.

Mark at WLS is a good chap and will always look after you !!

Say hi from me ( Simon - who bought the Corona rep K5 Gixxer thou !! )

Cheers and good luck :wink:

Had a quote from Daytona Motorcycles today who quoted £180 for a full service (i.e. the 7.5k service)!!!. Seems very cheap. Anyone had experience of their servicing department?

Probably not if my past experiences with them are anything to go by…
I wouldn’t trust them with a pushbike, never mind a motorbike :ermm:

Useless is an understatement!

Rusty, I believe you had issues with WLY not WLS.

No, I’ve had issues with both!

Cheers Rusty.

Looks like I’m going to cancel the booking with WLS and go with Daytona. A £70 difference is too hard to ignore. Even if they push it up to £200, its still a good deal, I think. Your comment just simply put the nail in the coffin.

Problem is Daytona they don’t open on Saturdays so I’m going to have take a day off work and I’m still not sure how good their servicing department is. I should be able to check this with the owners of my local gym who used to buy all their bikes from them.

Cheers for the comments:).

I agree. Took my K7 which was still under warranty to WLS to get a problem investigated (which had gone away after a decent run) and get a call saying i’ll be in for a new ECU and £700 bill, not covered under warranty. Thanks but no thanks i said. Took it to SBK City and they did a full diognosis check and gave it a clean bill of health.

Never going back to WLS.

Wow, comments duly noted. Realised today that my sister’s friend owns a service centre for cars and bikes by the Ace. Took it to him this morning and booked it in for next Saturday morning. Also gonna go out for a ride out tomorrow morning with him and a couple of others. He just bought the new Blade so should be fun trying to keep up :P.