Suzuki GSXR 1000 Contest

Went to Aye Gee in Welling yesterday to enter the guess the number plate contest to win a gsxr 1000. All they gave you was the 09, the rest has to be guessed correctly. 140 dealers taking part, 140 bikes up for grabs. I bet you they don’t part with a single one of them. They will have loads of emails and contacts though, so hats off to them, it’s pretty clever. Nice bike too, although the heart shaped seat made me think it’s suffering from builder’s crack.

Hey there fella, I popped into there too. There for about 30mins from about 6pm. Was on my way down to Brands so did a small detour to Welling. Thought it looked much nicer in blue and white than in black.

As well as entering myself, I entered my three brothers, my sister, my wife, two sons (8 and 2), my two dogs, and the neighbours hamster!

We must have just missed each other. I missed you down at Brands the other week too when I was there on a 20 mins for 20 quid taster event. I entered my wife too but figured any other entries would be futile given the nature of the contest. that, plus the last time i ever won anything was in junior school. i just don’t have that type of luck.

Know that feeling, luck is rarer than rocking horse **** with me, have to rely on skill and good old graft.

what do you mean, I fully intend on winning. :cool:

I was at AyeGee as well, from around 20 past 6, for a bit. was the only one in leathers while I was in there anyway, maybe one of you chaps saw me, maybe we all missed each other

with my luck if I was the only entrant I still wouldnt win fugg all :smiley:

As well as entering myself, I entered my three brothers, my sister, my wife, two sons (8 and 2), my two dogs, and the neighbours hamster!
[/quote]

all this entering you been doing…that must have been one hell of a party…

So you need to guess 5 letters from the bikes number plate?

If so, IIRC from my O level maths, that means the odds of getting this right are 11881376:1:w00t:

You’d get better odds of finding Elvis Presley and Lord Lucan doing donkey rides on Shergar;):smiley:

But you know the two letter prefix for the dealership already most likely, just look at the registrations they have currently, so that leaves three letters. Not that bad a set of odds really for a £10k bike. Wish I’d have entered :slight_smile:

If so, that brings the odds down to 17576:1 which aint so shabby:D

It’s a lottery and the prize is a fatter and inferior version of the K5 GSX-R 1000 :smiley: