Surprised how long people keep contact details for

I had a phone call from a chap this afternoon who still had my mobile phone number from a talk I gave to a motorcycle group 5 or 6 years ago and now wanted my help after a bad crash

He had my old business card in front of him

He has sustained some horrific injuries.

Anyway, the point I was that I find amazing is how long people hang onto contact details for.

Unless I put them on my system within 48 hours or so, I can usualy guarantee that they are lost for an eternity.

Ayeee, hope the guy fully recovers!

We’re quite good at ignoring how much time has passed, well, unless you’re in the office on your own at 3pm.

Contacts are important. I keep mine forever, it costs nothing to do so.

Through the magic of WhatsApp (put your contacts list into WhatsApp and see how many of those twenty year old mobile phone numbers are still current) I’ve got back in touch with a chap who introduced me to track days twenty years ago. He still has his RC30 which is his pride and joy.

I’ve had the same mobile number since the days of Mercury mobile and still get the odd call from someone back then seeing if I’m still alive lol

I don’t have whatsapp or whatever it is called.

In fact I don’t have internet on my phone.

My phone is for making and receiving calls, sending the occasional text and taking the occsional photo - The end…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any reason for that? :slight_smile:

I am old :wink:

But seriously, I do not want internet, emails and all that crap whilst I am on the go, that is what a computer is for.

On top of that, I am not particularly IT savvy, but I have also seen too many issues caused by having all your life stored on a mobile phone.

Just my personal opinion and choice.

I think I am considered what is called “old fashioned”

1 Like

I still had contact details for some deceased individuals, up until recently I couldn’t bring myself to delete them.

I think part of it is that for the past 12 years or so there hasn’t been the limit on the number of contacts you can store.