Sunday ride around Surrey Hills? 05/07/2020

They do… I sold mine for a couple of hundred less after doubling the mileage over 4-5 years…

And yes mine was a 625 SMC. The :sob: twin pipe model :sob:

That one looks tidy. Looks like it’s hardly been used by those chicken strips :slight_smile:

Go on, you know you want to.

It’s 4 and a bit months of nursery fees… Sigh

1 Like

who needs nursery during Covid!!

3 Likes

get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.get it.

2 Likes

I bloody do… Only way can do some work…

Oh wait I’ve just spent all day looking at bikes today

1 Like

that is ridiculously tidy!

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it

1 Like

The voices told you to @Serrisan :crazy_face:

Funnily enough I think that’s my KTM mechanic selling it… And now I am seriously tempted.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

@Serrisan isnt selling his chains anymore as they will be needed :wink:

3 Likes

Funnily enough that’s exactly why…

But sadly I’m putting the bike decision on hold. Too much stuff going against it. Nursery at the moment, lack of time, lack of garage meaning will rust, planning for house next year it just isn’t worth it. If I knew I’d spend the 5k and that would be it, fine… But on an 11yr old machine, no matter how low mileage, something will fall off

Of all of the above, if I had the garage now, I probably would. Where I am is safe and the bike would be covered. But it would be exposed a bit and the bills.om rusting bits can all add up

1 Like

Sensible. A house is always more important. Just make sure you get one at the first opportunity :slight_smile:

New show plate turned up. Looks good. I went for the 7x5in model. Hopefully it’s not too small :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Will give removing the stock plate extended mod a go later.

2 Likes

new indicators arrived! will put them on later this afternoon and go for a test ride :wink:

1 Like

man they are tiny!!!

That’s enough about that, now tell us about the indicators

Fair, I aspire to be this sensible one day :joy:.

Just messaged BMW to take a test ride on an S1000RR, shit scared I’m gonna buy it but :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Looks tidy that, send pics of it fitted!

Nice, enjoy!

@kylejm, remember to ride it on all road types and ride it how you intend to use it and if all goes well, remember, don’t buy on the spot, no matter how good you feel about the test-ride, let your emotional brain cool off and your thinking brain some time to process it. Use the time to make sure it’ll really work for you, i.e. security, insurance, practicality (if applicable), etc.

You can use the time to explore financing options. BMW are notoriously expensive on finance. If going for their PCP option, they want you to finance a much larger proportion of the total amount than many other manufacturers PCP deals, i.e. 75% compared to about 50-60% (a clever move is to use PCP to get cheap monthlies, save up for the balloon payment if you can, then at the end of the term look at how much it’ll be worth on the second hand market and if it’s worth more than the balloon payment, buy it then sell it, which will reduce your TCO massively). You can stick that ballon saving money in an ISA as well for additional profit.

2 Likes