Sunday Nov 3rd - Essex bimble 125/New to Big Bike

Ta Ally for tagging along for part of the way, had some fun getting home on some roads that the Jet’s would like :w00t:

Naughty girl, got a head shake from someone else today :w00t:

Come on you lot, this doesn’t tell us much - what about a full report?

Did Ally feck Ian? Did MadDog turn up? Who got the headshake from who? What were those roads we would like? Tell all.

We went for a fancy lunch in Brighton and did a bit of the A272 by dusk’s dim light. Quite uneventful but we did surprise the birthday boy by turning up so all was good.

Now … about that ride report…:slight_smile:

Thanks Ally, another good ride-out,

Lovely long twisties and good riding weather what more could one ask for.

Can you let the guys know that I took their advice (lower gear rather than rear brake) and although my revvy 600 sounded wrong the cornering was much better in the afternoon.

Woke up late so went gym lol hope was a good one :slight_smile:

A route back from Haverhill via Wimbish and Clavering (I think) C roads at best :slight_smile:

Get yerself on a Bikesafe course ASAP, look at this thread http://londonbikers.com/forums/1014151/bikesafe-anniversary-offer

OMFG!! The Striple is awesome!!:smiley: I still love Kermit, but This one is in a whole different league!! :w00t::w00t:

So, back to the ride, at peak we had 5, which for only a few hours notice and a cold November day wasn’t too shabby. Route included: Ongar, Finchingfield, Haverhill, Bury St. Edmunds, Sudbury, Castle Headingham, back to Finchers and home via the Blackheath Tea Hut.

The range of bikes in attendance was quite extraordinary - Russ’s S1000RR, a 1200 GS, my Striple R, an XJ6 and a Rocket 3 :w00t: pretty diverse bunch, but all were black :cool:

I got told off by the Rocket for taking my hands off the bars to stretch out my fingers and for observing speed limits according to my Sat Nav instead of the speedo. :unsure: Thankfully neither misdemeanour warranted a head-shake from Russ :smiley:

Ian is I believe still on his way to the hills! :wink:

True, I was laughing too much at seeing a Rocket being man handled around bends

Satnav is generally more accurate than your bikes speedo especially at very high speed. By law bike speedos must not under read so are typically designed to over read whereas a satnav is not.

The police at bike safe told us that if we were following them in town and though they were going too fast it was because their speedos are calibrated where as ours are not so they would actually be doing the speed limit.

As for stretching your hands, you can get done by the old bill for improper control of the vehicle, but crashing because your joints are seized up is far worse. Unless it was a Rusty head shake, or Rusty head shake by proxy I wouldn’t take it seriously.

Oh and I was also told that I should pace the ride to those behind me - he didn’t seem to have any trouble keeping up, even if it did look like he was wrestling a bear at times!!

I’ve heard as far as yesterday, that on rideout, everyone is riding at his own pace. And only person who ride to pace of someone at front of him is tailgunner. So what is the truth?

R

He sounds quite opinionated!

I just wish Russ would have been quick enough to get past him :w00t: :wink: a subtle Rusty head-shake would have been preferable to the patronising lecture I received. Ho hum, I’m sure some of it was deserved.

You can solve all these issues by ditching the cornerman system and adopting the ‘keep the **** up’ system. :wink:

I would have shoved that rocket up his arse and told him to **** off… Ride at your own pace. The slower bikes will not get lost and if they do then all the better for getting a move on. Seriously!? Getting told off for going sat nav speed? Hahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Tell him to sell his bike and get a push bike. Knobber.
Who is/was it? I don’t know anyone with a rocket… :smiley:

and on what authority did he deem it appropriate to give such advice? being a vvanker? or a misogynist?

LOL!

i have a feeling he wouldnt approve of that either :laugh:

Well I was trying to put it politely but the other have expressed what I was thinking. Pace the ride to those behind you? I’m not sure how you do that. It can be useful not to loose everyone completely as that can lead to corner man errors but if there are few quick people up front you can press on like we did the last time we out on Dunstable Downs.

I’ve done a couple of rider behind rides, and they are fine so long as you are all of a certain level, or at least close. they mean you can let a small group spread out a bit and give each other space when things get a little challenging. Ultimately you need to know the people you are riding with pretty well. If you use it all the time and with bigger groups then the only person who gets to ride their ride is the slowest in the group, and that aint fair.

corner man or keep the ****up get my vote.

So is, “No Rocket 3s” going to be an addition to the usual rideout blurb?