Sunday Funday roll call

Good morning all. Shortly I’ll be heading to the Chilterns for a lil blast, the weather is so good!

Abzero
Aceman Cat/Dog/Wombat/Changeling/Acey MacAceFace
AndyCr15
Arfa
Bang2Rights
banman
banman’s pet snail
BigD
Big Red S
Bikergirl_400
Blade
bluelagos
BobbyR1
Boris
brains_t
Cactus
CBR500R Commuter
ChrisB
Changyammi
Curtis
Cypher
DangerousB
Eezie
Geoff B
Ginger
GSXRAng
Hannibal
h-magic
hogtrumpet
IanWilliamson
IMORTAL_Indian
Ironman
Jaime
Janey
Jay
JAX
JesteR6
Jetstream
Kevsta
KTM D
makman
Marmablade
me_groovy
Michael
Miggy
mole
Motodrb
nails
National Treasures
Nic
nivag aka sand king
Panagiotis
Pricetta
Redwez
Rixxy
Rosso
Rusty99
Scorch
SeanV4
Shaunicous
SilveR6
Slacker
Slan
Stevie78
Streetdouble
Stuart Fordyce
Szymon
Tcat
TDJ
Tiggi
TimR
The Sleeper
TimmyFox
TheUnforgiven
Toony
Treacle Bejesus
Triang Ross
Serrisan
Tromboman
VelcroHead
Von
Westie
Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Win98se
Wise
Yourebarred
Zander
Zine

Morning you lot.

morning all, another day in work.  More overtime. :slight_smile:

Morning all - not sure what todo today. Might get some time to hose the bike off as it’s still got winter attached to it

Ug!  Morning.

Morning all. It’s a beautiful day; even for you Acey :-)

Morning. I’ve only just woked up. That’s half the day gone. Garden chores today. First mow of the year for starters.

Morning all. It's a beautiful day; even for you Acey :-)
eezie
True dat, eezie!  Just got back from a little jaunt on the toy.  Nearly wore two thermal jumpers and my electric gloves today.  Glad I didn't.

Good afternoon all. Very sad to not be out riding today😓

Good afternoon.  Saw so may bikes on the roads today, is it summer already?

Today’s not-quite-so-stupid-I-hope question, I read somewhere it is bad for the [little and slow] bike to ride with the throttle fully open in top gear.  Why?

I was out riding with 180 of my mates- ended up at Popham Airfield for lunch and plane-lookee.

Weather was tremendous.

… oh and I like how Martin is now getting called ‘Acey’.

Good work, team!

I was out riding with 180 of my mates- ended up at Popham Airfield for lunch and plane-lookee.
Weather was tremendous.
hogtrumpet
180 mates? that's a serious big ride out!

I was out riding with 180 of my mates- ended up at Popham Airfield for lunch and plane-lookee. Weather was tremendous. hogtrumpet
180 mates? that's a serious big ride out!
CBR500R commuter
Yeah, it was.

Did your group meet up at a garage on the a3 perchance?

In answer to your question it’s bad because you’re probably speeding excessively :wink:

Did your group meet up at a garage on the a3 perchance? silveR6

We refuelled near the A3- but we met up in Hayes.

I think it’s just because your basically redlining the engine for long periods of time and that’s not great for them.

[quote] Good afternoon.  Saw so may bikes on the roads today, is it summer already? Today's not-quite-so-stupid-I-hope question, I read somewhere it is bad for the [little and slow] bike to ride with the throttle fully open in top gear.  Why? --- Michael [/quote]

In answer to your question it’s bad because you’re probably speeding excessively :wink:

nivag
If only!  I did include that it was about "little and slow" bikes in the question, but for some reason that part is only visible when quoting it to reply.

(Jay, anything typed between square brackets is not being displayed.)

With plenty of revs still available before the redline though I just cannot see how it would be a problem.

It must have been you lot then. Was wondering what was that about when I went by.