Sunday 5th July. Destination Weymouth.

Brilliant seeing you all today :-)… Thanks to the jets for the lead and Desmond for doing an excellent job of tail gunning… great roads, great company… yep it was another great day out even though there wasn’t a mackerel scrap to had. o_O

My guess for Arts round trip mileage to is, mmm I reckon 404?

When are we going to able to post pictures again?

Home at last , seemed to take ages . thanks to mr & mrs Jetstream for leading 12 or 13 bikes through out the day and Desmond for doing the sweeping up, good to see the cornerman system working to perfection.
Hopefully I’ll be back up to speed again very soon.

Well what a day, thanks to Desmond for his tailgunning antics.
Good to meet up with the Rossos and Geoff at the prearranged rendezvous and to spend time in the company of LB`s latest newlyweds (see how happy Janey is in pic 3 :slight_smile: )
ChrisB wins the most unusual injury prize with an arrow in his foot.
We really hope DavidV is not still sitting on the M4 slip road, we never asked him to.
Nice to see Alex (Citizen lamda) & David (Squishbang) again.
We sit here waiting for the National Treasure to slag us off for missing mackeral and failure in the nicecream department.
325 miles for us.

What a load of rubbish that was, I’m not following you again. Sunshine, fish and chips by the sea, a ferry ride, great people, home late, I mean what’s that all about.
Sorry Desmond said I had to post that it was rubbish.
Actually it was an absolute blast. Thanks Jets and Desmond for front and rear duties and good to meet up with everyone.
351 miles total which I normally do in 2 days of commuting.
Could’ve enjoyed a nicecream but needed a wee more.
Hope everyone got home safely and look forward to seeing you again.

Glad you enjoyed it Chris & hope you’re not too stiff tomorrow :slight_smile:

We hope all got home safe too, waiting for a few others to post.

BTW there was no sign of Marmablade despite his promises to attend. Do we smell a whiff of custard in the air ??? :slight_smile:

Shattered but ride out was excellent, good company and worth it. Proudly gathered my lost sheep twice. Thanks Chris for randomly picking my suggestion was nice to see area again, must put a deposit down on some digs in Sandbanks😃

To the front gunners and the tail gunner a big thank you. I really enjoyed the trip…Also, it just reconfirmed to me how lucky we are.We have a lot of good stuff on this island without having to go to France etc. Nice as though a lot of those places are or can be.But on the way back when we were filtering on the motorway (I even enjoyed that!)I was just thinking about what could be enjoyed and acheived by heading off on a Saturday and spending a night somewhere perhaps like the Brecon Becons. As a side note… Do you know why Citzen Lambda is grinning form ear to ear in the picture. I have just told him that I hate being in f~~~~~g photos or having my picture taken as it just does my head in… And to make matters worse I still look like a fat barsteward :slight_smile:

Just noticed there seem to be a couple of Range Rovers stalking you in a couple of pictures.
Better keep an eye on you mirrors Chris.

Last time I spoke to Sam he said he might have to work.
No aches this morning but was a bit DeJaVu riding to work.

Ventilated was definitely the way to go, didn’t see any rain apart from a a few spots early doors on the 406 between Palmers Green and Hendon.

485 miles door to door and I was on the road for 14 hours. Had I gone the extra mile taking the highway instead of the ferry, cut out the fish n chip stop and done the paperwork I would have qualified for an RBLR 500.

+1 ChrisB - The rubbish bits were proper rubbish

My theory is they only bigged the menu up for the Olympics. Now the worlds yachting clique have sailed back to their own waters the mackerals off, the plaice is off and the sea bass is off. We had to slum it proper with spam, a fish finger sized piece of cod, greasy chips and a pickled egg. Although I noticed others had a slab of haddock requiring a trolley to transport two portions from the chippy to the sea wall (again, next time i’m having what they have). No nice cream, despite the welcoming van waiting for trade at the picturesque photo opportunity view point just before the ferry terminal.There was no question of over priced, poorly presented or small portions we simple went without.

No loo facilites after the first meet up point, we had to slum it behind garden sheds or take our chances around the MOD electrified fences and security cameras.

RANTMODEOFF/

Would I recommend this type of activity to a friend, only on days ending in y

Good job we didn’t go to the Brecon Beacons - some poor souls were killed by lightning there yesterday. We tried to find a overnighter destinstion last week and accommodation for one night (esp Sat) was hard to find except dear ones on the Isle of Wight which costs an extra £40 per bike ferry charges.

A few random pics of our wee and coffee stop and a particularly sexy Triumph 675 in Wilton before our (ie, my) anti-social tendencies kicked in:

(or it will be if I can share them properly. I’m an Imgur virgin)

Thanks for a great rideout guys. been far too long since I got on the bike and went anywhere outside the M25. beautiful weather and excellent roads, plus some adventurous missing of cornermen for good measure.

Oh, and squishbang, I was grinning cause i’m a dickhead like that ^^

looked like a real good one ,boat ride and everything ,gutted i missed it way to much work lately hope to join you next week.

Nice photos Janey x

Bit of a late reply but thank you to Mr and Mrs jetstream and Desmond, I had a great time great roads great company and a free ferry ride too thank you Mr and Mrs the next one is on me :slight_smile:

OK Karl, Isle of Wight next week then :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(only joking)

Looks like a great time was had! Great pics. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: