Sunday 28th April 2013 - 400+ miles TOWiT meander through the Peak District

Get some waterproofs George - you know you want to

Whoa Art… far to much motorway for a day trip… Bluebird for me… you enjoy the twisties and those old bone Triumphs though :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I’m out, I’m afraid, The weather for Mr Jets ride is more my scene - have fun and see you on the next one hopefully.

Careful guys, we`ll have Art rocking up at the Bluebird if this goes on.:angry:

Rain and lots of motorway miles just didn’t add up to being fun - please don’t be cross Mr Jet, I did give prior warning this may be my course of action. :crying:

I was once a Boy Scout, prepared for whatever the day will bring

Have a safe and fun filled day Art.

So – how did it go? :slight_smile:

Excellent

Unbelievably it stayed dry all day, cold start warmed up later, might not have been a good idea to remove the liners. Met up with Pete at Congleton and rode a 85 mile route in glorious sunshine through the Peak District it become a little over cast as we rode through the Snake Pass and onto Matlock but the rain didn’t happen. The weather was almost proper summer once we arrived in Matlock. it was like they had their own micro climate thing going on with 1,000’s of bikes lining the streets. Ther must have been over 50 Triumphs parked up in the South Parade car park, all shining examples except one :w00t: We met one chap on a 900 Trident which was claimed to be the first Triumph off the Hinckley production line.

A deserted high Beech at 7am just the hut people setting up shop, cold but the sunshine was doing its best

Refreshments at The Snake Pass Tea Hut

414 miles for me door to door, Googlie Maps wotsit of our route from Congleton to Matlock bath here

Was this the first Triumph off the Hinkley production line :ermm:

What happened to Joby and George?!

The temperature went below 15 degrees. I was a bit partied out after horse racing also.

Sounds like you need to be wearing a Big Girl’s Blouse over your leathers - I can lend you one!! :smiley:

Have you ever seen a PowerRanger out in the cold?

and George never got sorted with his waterproofs that he’d not have needed on the day.

My point exactly a Big Girl’s Blouse would have helped keep you warm - ya big wuss!

You could also get one of these:

Divers wear them under dry suits in the North Sea.

Man up for goodness sake - we missed you! And you missed an awesome ride out yesterday. We did things like this :w00t::

And this :w00t::

:smiley:

Oops - double post - nothing to see here!

Good grief - triple post - nothing to see here either - move along please!!

Wow triple post. I must really take heed.

lol I was going to say that told you!!:stuck_out_tongue: