SUNDAY 24th Ride down to Hayling Island anyone?

geoff, really sorry mate but i`ve gotta duck out. have a great day and plenty of pics please just to make me REALLY jeaulous.

Hi Geoff,
Yes, sounds good, count me in.
I’m the PC800 bloke from the Downs Ride out a few weeks ago (Richard).
Won’t be riding the PC this time though, something a little faster
Where are you starting from?
If you’re coming up the A40 I could meet you at Swakeley’s
Possible tail gunner if you need one

I’ll be there(ace) at about 10.00 , black cbr 600 rr . Be nice to get some miles in:D

Hi Richard … be leaving the Ace cafe NW10 7UD 10.15 …or could meet you just off the Denham roundabout on the A412, there’s lay-by just south of the M40 10.30 … Tail gun yeah that a be good…

Hi Geoff

I’m up for this rideout too. 10.30 at Denham roundabout sounds good to me

i was on the downs run as well the other week (Darren on the gsxr1000)

and richard i apologise if i called your pc800 a scooter, my bad :blush:

Hi Darren I recall… see you in the morning… don’t go upsetting Richard sounds as if he will be on different bike tomorrow :slight_smile:

Ill meet at ace cafe. Is it 10am then?

Ill be on a black zx6r wearing white and black leathers :o)

Stu

denham roundabout see you there Geoff. .

Good ride to Hayling Island! Here’s some pics :smiley:

Ok, so my bike had a flat battery (due to some twat leaving the ignition on! :open_mouth: ) and I left half an hour late, then tried to meet you guys in Box Hill, then realised you weren’t going there, then high-tailed it to Hayling, then waited on/around the beach, then came back all on my own…but it was still a good ride! :stuck_out_tongue:

we went down the 339, fantastic road although not a big fan of the denham forest bits, its worth waiting for! havent done that in ages, thank you Geoff and everyone else for a very enjoyable ride, came back before reaching the island as i had no more time allowance, i’ll let Geoff do the full report with all the (not so) funny bits :wink:
my visor had finally been splattered with bugs and not with rain, as its supposed to be :smiley:
hope you’re ok Kev. :kiss:

Guys, thanks for the ride-out…My 1st LB one…I guess was a good day to lose my (Ride-Out Virginity)…

Learnt a lot riding as a group and learning the “CORNERMAN SYSTEM”

Thanks again fellas…

A good bunch of guys…

(I hope I did not slow anyone down…apologies if i did)

i had you on my mirrors for a while, you did really well :slight_smile:

Another great ride out. Stayed upright this time as well. Great to meet more people and great ride :0)

Stu

That was a good run. I did 233 miles in all. I headed back to Guildford after box then did A3, M25, M4.

Here is the route…well I can’t seem to post images so I’ve tried to attach it…wow it worked:

Attachments

Route.jpg

nice one, thanks to geoff for leading, a few bumpy starts ha ha, but all good!:smiley:

+1 top work geoff :slight_smile:

Well I think for most of us it was very enjoyable day, found some really good A/B twisties on the way Down to Hayling, good coffee stop at “The Departure Lounge” on the A339 just north of Alton and lunch in a beach side pub. Back up some favorites and up through some lanes in the Surrey Hills to Box for a brew to finish.

OK we had 13 bikes left the Ace and we picked 1 more up at Denham so then 14. Only a couple of miles up the
road one of the riders, duffnut(Richard) ran in the back of suzukikev(kev). Damage to the rear tyre forced Kev to retire, the guest rider who came with him understandably pulled out as well… Richard also decided to call it a day… we now have 11 bikes. While this was being sorted a call is received from auk Gixer(Darren) who’s missed us a Denham… we arrange a meet up and he joins us a while later… now have 12 bikes…

We continued on a merry way without further incident arriving at “The Inn on the Beach” Hayling I guess around
2.30ish… Bikergirl400(Claire), who had rang me earlier to arrange, met us there with Serrisan(Alex) and rode the return leg back to Box with us…so err 17 bikes in all at different stages…

Alex Gold what time where you down there out of interest… we rode past those amusments in your pictures and where half a mile along the beach… we there between 2.30 and 4.00

Thanks to everyone for making it a very enjoyable day, special thanks to Westie for ‘coming up the rear!’:stuck_out_tongue: … I jest, really great job gunning Matt… It was a real shame about the collision incident happening early on and losing Kev and co, was really looking forward to riding with him as it’s been a while now… Kev I will see you Wednesday at Brands… but all in all I think it was a pretty good day…

Very nice day Geoff… even if I missed the exciting stuff in the beginning! :smiley:

Went to p&h this morning to test ride the KTM 690 SMC and joined by Claire so that I could have someone there to stop me from getting the credit card out… yeah much help she was, all the while saying “go on, buy it!” :D… We then <strike>caned it</strike> drove quite reasonably down to meet you guys - we thought we would be late catching you up but with all the fun during the day we seemed to meet up at just the right moment - as you were ordering food and drinks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for leading us back and thanks to westie for tailgunning! :slight_smile:

thanks all for a very fun day and geoff for spending all week meticulously planning a route (aka making it up as he goes along!)

sorry my bladder was weak and for riding like a nobber as always :smiley: Thanks westie for tailgunning and sorry for buggering off when you had patiently waiting for me!

Yep, I had a really good day too finished off with a lovely glass of red watching the sun go down!

Thanx Geoff for organising and the whole day seemed to work out perfectly! I think Alex aka serrisan took the sensible option by not whipping out the credit card but sure within a month he’ll have his shiny new addition! And we had to blat on down there else we would’ve missed everyone and I’m sure u enjoyed it anyway! Always helps when u know the roads pretty well!
I had a nice little ride back too, the A25 is always a better option than the central London or the motorway, though I might’ve accidently hit the A22 and started heading south again???! Standard!

Anyhow, thanx again guys, where was that place with the plane outside??? Weird!