Sunday 20th November 125/Big Bike Friendly Ride ....

Ok Folks been a while i know but hey ho good things come to those who wait

Anyway This Sunday 20th

As title Paced for those Listed 125 ( L Plate ) , And those on bigger bikes that prefer the sedate pace .

No Knobheads

No Pissheads

No Solid White Overtakers

No Late Brakers

If you want to be wide open throttle on a non 125 bike …Not the Ride for you

Full Tanks Please

Depart Macdonalds henllysroundabout a4/a30 junction 10.00am with full tanks map postcode tw59uw

Cornerman system in place

Understanding the system is important, as everyone needs to do their part to avoid anyone getting lost.

1. One rider, the leader will stay at the front and is responsible for navigating the route. Another rider, ‘tail end Charlie’, will stay at the back in last position. These are the only two riders who remain in their position in the group.

2. If a junction needs marking, the lead rider will indicate so by pointing to the position.They will try and select the safest position that gives best visibility. The leader may request a marker prior to a junction especially if the road splits or slip roads or exits are hidden ( this may involve using central islands or similar ) The marker will stop and wait until they see the tailgunner . It is therefore very important that whilst in 2nd position you concentrate when approaching junctions and anticipate the lead rider showing you where to mark. If the 3rd place rider is on the inside they should be aware that the marker will need to come across their path and should therefore give room for this to happen safely.

3. The marker then re-joins the group in front of ‘tail end Charlie’. This approach involves the entire group, and the marker gets rotated from front to back and gradually moves up to the front again. The method works provided everyone does their bit and doesn’t forget they are in the No.2 position, when it is their turn to mark. If for any reason you cannot pull out in front of tail gunner … Don’t worry Pull out when safe and tail gunner will allow you to overtake when you catch up

4. Nobody other than ‘tail end Charlie’ should be riding last for any reason. If you want to leave the group you should pull in to the left in a safe, visible position and wave other riders past. When ‘tail end Charlie’ arrives he/she will stop and you can then inform him/her that you are leaving the group.

5. A roundabout should be marked by parking in a safe visible position on the exit.

1. When going straight through at a junction/roundabout where you don’t have right of way, the lead rider may decide to mark it, if he/she wishes. The default action in such a case is to continue straight through, therefore, if there is no marker when you arrive at the junction you should proceed straight on. If you are to mark such a junction you should do so by stopping in a safe visible position on the far side of the crossroads.

7. When you are marking a junction, make sure you park in a position not to obstruct other road users. If necessary point in the direction that riders arriving at the junction should proceed.

8.There is no need to play catch up. With the drop off system there will be a marker waiting for you at the next junction.

9. When you are the marker, wait for ‘tail end Charlie’ to arrive, even if this takes a long time as there may be traffic problems further back. The tail end rider will slow down to allow you back into the group.

1. If lead rider doesn’t request you as the 2nd rider and you believe it may be beneficial to mark a junction, do it anyway. It is better to mark a junction that doesn’t need marking than not to mark one that does. The lead Rider may be over familiar with that road or be concentrating on a hazard before them to request a marker .

11. If Lead Rider has marked a junction Due to no close 2nd rider … If you are 2nd rider and as you approach lead rider rides off Take their place as Marker until you see the tail gunner

Destination is in the final Plan Stages and milage tba…

Tailgunner offering services if required ??

Please Trisckie Ty x

Welcome back Tim!! :slight_smile:

Alas can’t make this ride but will do again next year… have fun peeps! :wink:

Thanks BikerGirl …

be good to see you out and about again

UPDATE :

Destination is H Cafe

Milage = approx 110miles

End Point : Ace Cafe

Can’t vouch no leaves or gravel :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s no gravel, and I’m not working (need to check that one) then count me in :smiley:

Edit: Count me out :frowning: I’m working :crazy:

I would like to join in if I may, as along as i can get outta bed :smiley: should try to get on one LB ride in this year - and I am familiar with conerman system

I hope to pic up bm f650 on sat: might try to join you if its ok with ya, and all goes well:D

Hi Tim, My dad “Geoff B” on here rides out with LB’ers a lot and recommnded one of your rides to me. I’m new to big bikes and new to LB… are you ok with new comers? If so may well try and join this ride :slight_smile:

Hah, it was only supposed to be 100 last time but we ended up doing nearly 200? :smiley: Fantastic ride though.

I’d love to come this time around as well but the bike has been playing up so I’m not sure I’d trust it to go long distance. I’ll see how it goes by Sunday but otherwise enjoy the ride everyone! :slight_smile:

All Welcome … New To big Bikes , 125 Learners, Experienced

But to the larger/experienced bikes please note that there may be smaller /less experienced riders out with us and its geared for them

See you in morning Folks … There is a bp petrol station opposite meet point so fill up before arriving :wink:

Oh FFS … Sorry folks but late cancellation as bikes rear shock has given up and pissed itself

hopefully caught some before leaving :stuck_out_tongue:

but will go to meet in car just in case

spotted this just before I left ! cheers - hope poorly shock sorted soon - back to sundays and another cuppa:D

Hah! If I decided to come I’d need to be out of the house by 9! Hope you get the bike fixed soon.