Sun 9 Nov Remembrance Day Fort Nelson Navy Lark

UPDATED TIMINGS:

Leave the Ace 8.00, very much on the dot, Box Hill 9.00 ditto. Full tanks and empty bladders essintial. Gas masks optional.

To remember the fallen in all wars, wear your poppy with pride.

This ride will be aiming to get down to Fort Nelson by 10.30 am when they open (café, loo etc)

At 11.00 am an 18 pounder gun will signify the start of the 2 minute silence, and again at the end of it. Expect a very big bang or two.

We might visit the Maldives for lunch and do some twisty roads after before it gets dark.

Sorry no 125s, we will have to get a bit of a nip on to get there on time.

Cornerman system will be in place as usual, ride at your own pace and risk. It’s a ride not a race.

All welcome but suitable respect will be required at the ceremony.

I’m in :slight_smile: I’ve been thinking doing something for remembrance day…

Be good to see you again. Will Mrs L be coming too???:slight_smile:

Yeah I’m looking forward to getting out there with you guys again.

Properly not, she working a night shift that day :slight_smile: But she want’s to, so she trying to get off…

Good luck on getting Mrs Lasse off.:slight_smile:

Will’ do our best to get Louise off :smiley:

Will see you at Box at 9.30.

In :slight_smile:

(if it’s not p’ing down :w00t: )

i’m in :slight_smile:

I’m in… :D,i will also be 1year older on this day.

We’ll have to stop in the afternoon for tea & cake then :D:D

Well we’ve just checked the map again and have had to post UPDATED TIMINGS, now it’s 8.00 Ace, 9.00 Box Hill

I thought 9.30 looked ambitious, but put it down to bigger bike and senility. Will see you at 9 am :slight_smile:

[quote]
Jetstream (02/11/2014)

Well we’ve just checked the map again and have had to post UPDATED TIMINGS, now it’s 8.00 Ace, 9.00 Box Hill

Might be an early start for me, :w00t:

[quote]
Rosso (02/11/2014)

Can offer the sofabed for an overnight stop if yer like:cool:

[quote]
Jetstream (02/11/2014)

Thanks for the offer, but got a lot on Saturday, so I will probably see ya down there.

Looks like I have issues with a van again. :angry::crying:

Oh No!!:ermm: Sorry to hear that Jamie, hope it’s not too expensive.

Well you know where the fort is & as you say we can meet you there - the tea room at the front entrance with the gift shop is apparently open from 10.30. We’re aiming to park up, get a coffee and a pee before the 2 minute silence.

[quote]
Jetstream (02/11/2014)

Oh No!!:ermm: Sorry to hear that Jamie, hope it’s not too expensive.

Well you know where the fort is & as you say we can meet you there - the tea room at the front entrance with the gift shop is apparently open from 10.30. We’re aiming to park up, get a coffee and a pee before the 2 minute silence.

Hopefully see you there Sunday.

My emap of choice shows Rykas to Fort Nelson to be 65.9 miles and well doable in 60 minutes Suzuki time :Whistling:

However, since pages 9 and 10 of my proper map, which cover a critical 85 mile stretch of the south coast are missing in action I’m unable to confirm.

On the basis that we’ll need time to tether the horses, have a fag and draw breath I’m happy to synchronise watches to MLS time.

Well we’re allowing for leaves on the line and possible damp roads etc etc.

So are you back on 2 wheels ??? Woo hoo :slight_smile: