Summer's Coming....

Junk :w00t:

Why you little southern pup Ill av ya next time i see ya :smiley:

Junk :w00t:

Why you little southern pup Ill av ya next time i see ya :smiley:

is there an Echo>?:smiley:

cool pics ratty ,and timed well by ginger, i spent all day at brands on the 16th(yesterday) trying to get my knee down (not that it makes you faster as the drag must slow you down? :P) but didnt even get to skim the dust of them ffs! must get some one to show me how to do it properly like the bloke in these pics:D:D;)ā€¦ my new leathers look great (imho)

but a tad gay with out any scratches on the sliders. ( disclaimer the context of the word gay is only a figure of my speech and means no insult to anybody on this forum or reading it :))

or maybe it because i fitted that jack up kit and my bikes to high off the ground now?

i dont think ratty will take offence:D

coooool pics ratttyā€¦ if it wernt for your body being twisted. looks like your fighting the bike and not working with it.

i`l be down the ace friday. maybe you could show us where this magical roundabout is.

nice suit si!

to be honest, i learnt on the road-roundabouts-then road corners(not recommended very stupid if pick the wrong corner;) ) from when i finally touched down the slider i have found its easy really, dunno why just do,confidence maybe>? i know the tyres iā€™m using will hold, provided they are warm, and the outside temps are not too low.

The Track was like a playground for me in KD terms! i loved it, felt very comfertable and confident, soon as my sighting laps were up i knew my tyres were warm i went for it, Paddock Hill, Druids, Graham Hill bend,Surtees, Think i got a touchdown through Mclaren not sure, all way round Clearways:D think buy time iā€™m into Clark Curve i pick it up cant be sure. KD at all them spots, Druids is easy, its like half a roundabout:w00t:

I just love KD, cant help it! of course i know now that sliders dont last long on the track:w00t: and that yes you can go quicker if you kd less and use it what its really for, as a gauge to how far over you are on your tyres, or as i see it, i use my body and knee do kinda steer the bike? at least thats how it feels, tho as commented i do have an odd body postion!

next time on track i will use it more as a gauge and probly lift my knee a bit earlier, and bring some spare slidersā€¦incaseā€¦:smiley:

LB trackday Si, we will have you melting them sliders!:wink:

this is the thing about kissing teh mirror dude, its buzzes me out, i think i look gooooooooooood:cool::smiley:

maybe, if your nice to meā€¦KD the mop-head!:w00t:

cruise around when its quite-sure to find some, just check it out throughly before you go cranking it over, and watch out for police, some dont really mind provided its a quite spot, some dont like it, i find being polite helps lots, sometimes even explaining what your doing, they just go oh, ok well if it gets busyā€¦go elsewhere;):smiley:

@ Si - not sure we met that day at Brands (I was in the 5.10pm session). But Iā€™m in the same club, virgin sliders (not for long) and the best graphic on a Viper GT there is!
Freedom!

couple of pics to show my odd body postioning, iā€™m sure its got something to do with the model of bike>? possibly?

look at one of the pics, if i kissed that inside mirror iā€™d get my chin down:D possible tho?(not chin down! make of bike,ā€¦ i have KDā€™ed an 07 CBR6 RR that flet diffrent, almost too easy, didnt feel like i had to lean as far?

Garret affraid we didnt get to meet , i saw you go out on track with a tottaly cool helmet on :smiley: but i had apuncture on my zx9r so had to get my son to pick me up then went back and got me van but i think you and ratty where pulling out of the entrance by time we got back, sure we will get to meet up on the next virgin slider breaking in day lol

we could be the,FREEDOM Viper GT massive, :DD:D;)

Hope you enjoyed it and your booking up A longer seesion very soon , better stop now before i get acused of hi jacking the thread pmsl

sonny, just spotted something. This isnā€™t a dig its just a helpful pointer, if your left knee and left are locked into the the tank, it will help take the load off your hands and forearms. It may help you get your back straight instead of being kinked as well.

will give it a try mate, i know what you mean, im still trying figure outy why my back is twisted liek that, tis odd, it will come with time, if the rain stops for the weekend i wil be out practicing:)

Thanks, Iā€™ll definitely be booking the LB trackday when some funds clear, but can see myself having a go at some KD action before that (especially given all the inspirational photos flying around! :wink: )

hehe yeah mate, been telling you this for years!! :wink: if you kissed the inside of the mirror you chin would not be much closer to the ground as the bike would not be lent over so muchā€¦ def try and practice on a static bike as seb says also lock you legs in more as collett says :slight_smile:

Another obsevation Ratty, you look a little cramped on the bike. Try sitting a little further back in the seat so you can lock the outside leg into the tank. Then it will take any unessesary weight off your arms and your hips will more aligned with the bike. Now it should be easier to keep your upper body in line with the bike.

Apart from thatā€¦good pics;)

will keep tryingā€¦just feels soooo odd, so head lower, outside leg locked in to tank, outside elbow on knee? hang off more to kiss the mirror means less lean angle needed=yes?

when i lean over see it feels like if i were to kiss the mirror it would feel liek im leaning more than i normally do, liek im goinna fall off, i have tried numerous times.

if it comes it comes if it dont im not fussed, i seem to be doing ok.

in alot of pics of kd(no racers), most people are no where near kissing the mirror anyway, there backs are straight yeah but there head stays in pretty much the same place.

look at these two picsā€¦(picked for convinence!)

collet has his back staight, but his head is no where near the mirrorā€¦

and stace in this pic looks a little twisted, her head is inline with the screen not mirror.

to be honest im not intrested in getting my head that low to the mirror it doesnt work for me, i will defo try starighten my back up tho.

Attachments

n571441296_2083807_7353158.jpg

3379606640_d730d98695.jpg

just do whatever feels right for you, you can easily get your knee down one handed so theres no problem. everyone has there own style right.