Suggestions for Camping at the Races?

I am going camping at the MotoGP in a few weeks time. I’ve never camped anywhwere except the great outdoors. Any suggestions from seasoned pros?

take a pillow and a bed… - either a camping bed or an airbed…

and a torch…

dont go drinking with your next door neighbours… ever.

Enjoy it…

Is their a friendly neighbour story there, AbbeyJ?

Get a head torch - keeps your hands free or other stuff.

Yeah what’s all this neighbour stuff Abbey J? LondonBikers need to know

not much to it actually = we camped at silverstone…

our neighbours invited us around for drinks, we stumbled back to the tent at some ridiculous hour… got up a few hours later…

and then proceeded to sit in the sun with severe hangovers…

people from manchester drink way tooo much…

Put bricks under disposable BBQs or you’ll burn the grass. And check the wind before lighting up.

Take lots of plastic bags to keep stuff in, rather than it floating around the tent.

Use rolled up leather trews for a pillow (take a spare one AJ? On a bike? LoL)

Get an inflatable (better still a self-inflating one) ground mat if sleeping in a bag. Those foam ones are rubbish and bulky.

Buy small lamp - battery or fuel driven - that hangs from the tent ceiling if poss.

I guess you’re sorted for portable burners, cutlery etc… ?

ooh thats right disposable bbqs can burn the grass - i had no idea those things could get so hot…

and andrew u get inflatable pillows - as well as the mattresses… plus u can buy a torch for about £8 that doubles up as camping lantern…

my tent has little pockets on the side of it… but always remember to take a roll of loo paper - doubles up as wipes, napkins and of course loo paper…

or forget all that take a poncho and sllep it rough

just take clothes for at the track and a sleeping bag and wash kit! arrive and put your tent up! empty your bag of clothes and go to the shop! if your bags a good size you’ll get a slab of lager in it and a disposable bbq! whack some bacon in a side pocket and some buns and water in other pockets! go back to tent and park bike securely as it wont move again till sunday! take off leathers and fold up as pillow! this could be done later but with a struggle! crack open the lager and drink away! no need for inflateable rollmat as you’ll be leathered and sleep like a log! wake up in morning and light the bbq quick bacon sandwich and a can of lager and your ready for the walk to the track!!

well thats how it normally works for me!!

hehe

So speaks the guardian of our country and defender of our freedoms.

But only Monday to Friday as everyone knows the regs don’t train / work etc at the weekends…

Nice one Adam

I spent 14 years camping for a living.

10 years in Germany!

I head for the nearest B&B with a good shower and a bed.

Not to forget the breakfast next morning that sets you up for the day.

yeah yeah

all you need is a good sleeping bag or a good sleeping partner, that’s it!

Oh, and a toothbrush and some Stella Worked for me !

Somehow I dont believe any of you guys…

why not abby??? everyone knows you turn into superman after a few cans of lager!!! so lumpy ground to sleep is nothing!!! i am invincible!!

TO INFINITY…AND BEYOND!!!