Suggestion Box

I contacted them, but they didn’t get back to me, sorry. I don’t think they want our business!

They also didn’t have a solution that fitted our forum at the time.

Really? Fair enough :frowning:

Thanks.

Is this viable? :slight_smile:

It’s a forum we charged business’ to post up in, but it’s not getting a lot of use, so yeah, why not. PM me about this tomorrow so I don’t forget please.

You mean this one? - http://londonbikers.com/forums/Forum92-1.aspx

Yeah, but now im not sure how much good will come from it, probably more spam than anything. I dont know the history of that forum.

Done. It’s now open. Cheers!

Could we have “First unread post” on threads so if you go back to a long thread you have already part read you dont have to wade through it all again?

not sure of how possible it is, but could we get a notification thing of who quoted you, and possibly highlighting threads you’ve posted in (ideas came from TSR!)

and +1 to the first unread button.

Was wondering where would a ‘Free Stuff’ thread go best, for people to pass on things they no longer need or whatnot. I think that a lot of newbies could benefit from redundant theory books, DVDs and whatnot…

Nice idea

We’ll have a think about this one!

Is there a problem with where they go now? (In the classifieds?)

Like a ‘biker’s Freecycle’ - good idea, I have some stuff to donate.

No. However perhaps a section just for give aways and swaps may be a nice thing to have.

I was thinking more just a sticky free stuff/hand-me-down thread. I also think that it has to be slightly moderated, i.e to the extent that somebody isn’t just going to come along and not contribute and whatnot. Shall I just make a new thread in Classifieds, or what? Can a link to it be put in the newbie section, as I think it’s them that will benefit most from our redudant gear. :cool:

Pop a post in classifieds for now.

Being somewhat a child of the internet, a IT/hosting engineer and an all round web-head, something i’ve noticed in past experience with forums that LB lacks is a “quick reply” option!

Would be really great to be able to quickly whack in a response, rather than having to open up the reply window (which doesn’t give me the option of viewing the topic again in case i forgot what i was about to write.)

Just a thought, i’m sure there’s a module for it, else if this is invisionboard (which it looks like), i think there’s an option to turn it on in forum posting settings.

Quick reply is coming with the new site we have in development. It’ll be done in a month or two.

Classifieds and freebies is also something we’re working on :slight_smile:

It would be great if the “breadcrumb trail” (Home >> Help & Info >> etc ) at the top of the forum was duplicated at the bottom so you don’t have to scrollup to go back up a level…

In the Off Topic forum can we have a section called ‘Anorak Hobbies’ for people to discuss things like chess ( I have spent many a happy evening wasting time on this hobby), board games, knitting, gardening, fishing, stamp collecting, train spotting, poker, Chinese karaoke, allotments, bird (not the lady variety) watching and nature walking etc ?I’d like some tips on how to remove bind weed from a garden, how to successfully gut a fish, how to raise the stakes with a bad hand whilst maintaining a poker face and and how to better my end game in chess, plus tips on how to improve green fingers (types of soil for plants) and other matters that are not interesting enough for the General section.

I would be very grateful if this could be arranged as a little sub section. Cheers:D:D