Suggestion Box

Thanks for pointing out the other calendar, didn’t realise it was there and updated. Jay, thanks for explaining why it wasn’t updated. I don’t think anyone of us can ask you to put even more time into the site … you’re already doing a great job. I’m hoping things will get sorted once you can delegate to Westie and the other fine ppl working behind the webpages.

how about a ‘thank you’ button to give thanks to fellow memebers for useful posts?

How about adding this app?

http://www.frappr.com/

Members can see who either works or lives near them.

I think anominimity in regards to where we live or work is a prudent thing considering how easy bikes are to steal and how many go missing in London Rob! Nice idea though.

A room for the Couriers in the house to debate ‘courier stuff’ please…

Fair point Jay - hadn’t thought of the security point of view.

How about a little section on Bikes and the Law ?
could be added as a sub topic on Questions and answers ?
I’ve got all the up to date study stuff on Traffic legislation and would be willing to throw some stuff on there - no doubt a few of the other boys in blue on here would help too I should imagine.

It just got me thinking after seeing repeated questions on number plates, exhausts, visors etc etc etc.

Sounds good to me, always useful and can be used at a time of need.

Yep, I think this is a good idea too.

I like this. We have some changes planned for the forums we’re due to put in place. We’ll have a look at doing this.

Ok dokey, give me a shout when you want topics done and I’ll get it sorted.

Blimey - I thought of something good ?!?!?!? :w00t:

Hi Jay,

How about an area specifically for New Riders (as opposed to Newbie Members) to get together?

I’ve been on a couple of rideouts now and I’m sure you’ll appreciate that recent test passees are a different breed of rider.

I get the impression that some newer riders can be a little overwhelmed by the vast experience of the majority of riders on here, so maybe they would be a little more willing to ask a question in that type of forum, rather than put it in the general areas.

If you like, an ‘L’ Page - the rest of the community will know that if somebody is postng in there, they probably don’t have a shed load of experience and would hopefully give them a bit more leeway in their responses.

Not that people aren’t generally very helpful anyway, but just to put the newbs at ease a bit.

I’ll stop now as I am well on the road to Rambletown… :smiley:

Glossary Section

Whilst seasoned riders know what’s what when it comes to Biker Lingo, it can be quite daunting for noobs to the scene, so I was wondering about having a Glossary A-Z of all things bike?

Couldn’t see this mentioned anywhere so apologies if it has been covered already, but could we have more informative email notifications when someone posts to a thread we’re subscribed to?

Ideally it would show the thread title, the name of the person who has posted (it already has this) and the text of their post (or a snippet of it if it is loooong). At the very least, the thread title would be nice! :smiley:

At the moment if I’ve got several notification emails, I cannot tell if they’re for posts to the same thread so I end up visiting the same thread multiple times - not so bad on a PC (I open all the links in tabs at once and then close the duplicate tabs - but on mobile devices, it isn’t so easy!

Cheers,
Simon :slight_smile:

How about a recognition / reward system for LBers who contribute a lot to the LB community?

Like a Hall Of Fame or something…

I’m thinking there are people like Jetstream (lord it grates on me to say this) who organise some really original and interesting ride outs.

Rioting Rob for his undying commitment to getting Newbies invlved - what a turn around that was - he was disappointed with the turn out to the Ace Newbie Night, posted up about it, got a constructive response from management and went on a crusade to involve noobs - including someone saying they had only signed up as a result of his efforts - outstanding!

Elad - for his confidence rideouts, his impeccably forgiving nature desire to give something back to LB

I could go on, but I think I’ve made the point now :wink:

can I make a simple one? to add a horizontal line at the bottom of every post?

to differenciate between the post and the sig. some people’s is hard to tell where it splits sometimes

this is a good idea - and also i think there should be a big map of london - where everone can place a little picture of themselves where they live/some good roads/knee down roundabouts/long wheelie straights . . . ummm u get my drift??where people live would be handy to know, then you could somehow get in touch with each other and have a rideout without having to ride 50miles just to meet someone before the actual rideout??what ya think?:smiley:

yeh its sounds a great idea to post your address to meet new ppl:D

Hmmm, I can think of someone else who’d love all that info! :hehe:

not sure if this has already been mentioned but how about a section called The Garage or something where you can post anything wrong with your bike that you need help with?