Stunting in Traffic?!

/rant on

OK…I’m out enjoying a perfect Fall afternoon on the bike today…hit up my favorite roads before heading down to Emerson Biggins to watch a football game…I’m on Douglas (Wichita’s equivalent of a “High Street”) and 3 guys pass me on one wheel…set the wheelies down while approaching the intersection of Douglas and Washington only to pull up long ass stoppies while rolling up to the light.

I can’t STAND people who stunt on a heavily used roads…particularly near ME. You want to risk the wrath of the law? Fine. You want to risk injury to yourself or damage to your bike? Fine.

Please…just use your head and don’t do it in traffic and DON’T DO IT ANYWHERE NEAR ME!!

/rant off

You sound like a moaney old been !

Why don’t you just go live in some old peoples home where they wont let you out and

they wont let anyone in.

Problem solved !

’ 3 guys pass me on one wheel…set the wheelies down while approaching the intersection of Douglas and Washington only to pull up long ass stoppies while rolling up to the light.’

COOL!

We need more stunters on the road!

KSGregman I hate that to so childish (so coooool) people like that should be horse whipped

There’s a time and place for everything, sounds like that was niether…

Do it where you can only hurt yourselves (please)…

I have no patience for people who do that in traffic, not only does it endanger everybody’s lives around them, but it also gives the rest of us a bad name.

Why don’t you park it rather than give those of us who choose appropriate times and places to push it a bad name and higher insurance premiums with your unnecessary wrecks?

I really hate people that do that…
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>…makes me soooooo envious

noone hates stuntin, just when someone cant there just moan about it, book ya self in a wheelie school and learn then tell me noone should stunt on the road.

bike’s are a image, be part off that image of a rebble or give it up and drive to work, bet your one off them peeps the drive faster in ya car the on ya bike

P.S. if you see me in ya mirrow on one wheel, stay where you are and i’ll move around you

rant over

Nothing wrong with stunting…it mainly depends on where your doing it…built up areas etc will get you into bother and if you get to court over it you won’t have much of a defence and Magistrates will throw the library at you yet alone the book…

now Sunday morning on a industrial estate…different animal…

That’s your own image, speak for yourself. it doesn’t mean that someone isn’t a biker if they don’t stunt… p.s. the rebel without a cause thing was dead years ago.

On one hand we complain that the cops and MP’s are always on our case and on the other hand we’re causing mayhem on Chelsea bridge or hitting the rev limiter in Soho. Of course the general biking community is going to be singled out by the authorities.

I’m all for high speed ride-outs and stunting but there’s a time and place and acting foolishly at the wrong time or place only serves to screw the rest of us (most of whom have been around for longer than you and probably ride faster as well!).

"Nothing wrong with stunting…it mainly depends on where your doing it…built up areas etc will get you into bother and if you get to court over it you won’t have much of a defence and Magistrates will throw the library at you yet alone the book…

now Sunday morning on a industrial estate…different animal…"

Have got to agree with you Mr Porkscratchin…if you get caught or it goes tits up, when, where and how makes a massive difference…

And talking of different animals Mr Porkscratching I wonder if me old crystal ball is playing up cos whenever I look over to it that “Porkscratchin” bit makes a funny reflection alongside what looks strangely like a Metropolitan Police Black Rats avatar you have, looks like something pink with wings, . . . . hmmmnn . . . most strange

It’s not a Metropolitan back rat Avatar…

it’s a Traffic Bikers Black rat Avatar…

Or as we are now known as ‘Rogues Policing’

My user name is a self pisstake…

I am with TVP…

But i was a biker a very long time before i was plod…

Lee - ‘book ya self in a wheelie school’

This is the only one worth going to

http://www.thewheelieschool.co.uk

Aha, sorry, I thought the Black Rats were all Traffic not just bikes and that it was a Met thing . .

I guessed from your self pisstake username that you are one of the decent ones and that you are posessed with a sense of humour, but dont worry, your secret is safe with us

And as for stunting, everybody, reread Porkscratchin’s first post - there is a time and a place for everything

Lol the stunting I have seen has ended up in big crashes and both outside the Ace.

Have got massive respect for class one bike plods. one of em taught me most of wot I no.

Their word is gospel.

I cant stunt coz I just aint got wot it takes to be a stunter, but many friends have said how smooth n fast I ride, but will never be in plods league.

I love to watch the cunning stunts at the ace, am in awe of their control.

This subject will always be controversial,

“Stunting … there is a time & a place”

The above statement isn’t really much of an argument when you consider a stunter’s main motivation … SHOWING OFF!

As long as there’s bikes, there’s gonna be stunters demonstrating their abilities or lack of them.

The “Sunday morning industrial estate” argument is fare enough for practice, but as soon as a rider considers him/herself good enough, they want to show others … so, the stunting then moves to outside the Ace & other busy public arenas. The problems occur when an “un-seasoned” stunter “over-cooks” it and makes a mess. The AWOL crew certainly seem very capable of handling their bikes with amazing control & precision. The problems arrise when a muppet, who has been watching these guys, but lacks the ability, thinks he/she will have a go and throws their bike down the road right outside the Ace.

In a public arena, stunting should be left to the “well-seasoned” stunters.

Incidentally, I’m not a stunter and although I admire their skillz, I have no inclination to start practicing outside the Ace or in any other busy public arena.

ok, 4 all u decent ’ good-law-going guys , there is a time and a place 4 crying , at a set of red lights is not 1 of them, if you don’t like it close your eye’s and save the tears 4 your lap-top.

TURE FACT… stunting , there is a time and place, on a busy highstreet is not 1 of them , wot you saw was maby 3 pro riders in full control , having a little fun.

as 4 high quotes thats not r fault, its show off riders that have more money than

riding skills, ask any insurer , how many of us get our bikes stolen too how many crash. if you HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE us that much next time you go to box hill or anyother bike meet take a blindfold with u…

if you want to learn some stunts and join in the fun your more than welcome to use my bike. i’ll be morethan happy to help

BUT… dont hate us.

U 444 BOYS SHOULD KNOW BETTER

Tariq

AWOL STREET RYDER

P.S

I LOVE HORSE WHIPING

What i dont like to see is the wanna-be-stunters practising in traffic with no control at all. I just wanna get away from them as you know if they crash into you, they will pick up their bike and feck off.