Stopped a rape

There’s also the very real chance that there will be LB members reading this (poss male and female) that have been raped. I spent the whole of my childhood in Barnardos and it’s come out in recent years that a significant number of my Barnardos brothers and sisters were sexually assaulted in some way or another.

You certainly don’t need to be in care to become a victim and as adults we must realise that you will be working and living with victims of rape and sexual assult. But as Janey said we may see the funny side but it’s just a no on a public forum.

Your response to women or men on here who have been raped and didn’t find your shit joke funny is ‘grow some balls’ ?

I doubt its offensive but its certainly insensitive

Tasteless ‘joke’. Was it funny. Not in the slightest. OP needs a good luck in the nuts? Most likely.

But let’s not encourage it. It needs to be shot down though.

That Steve Hughes post. You beat me to it.

No the opposite. I think it was an idiotic thing to put on a public forum. I took it as school boy humour posted in a adult environment.

Once you needed to scroll down in the OP there was no surprise there was a punline.

We can deduce from Janey’s take on this that she fortunately has likely not been a victim. Those on here that have, I would imagine, will stay silent for a multitude of reasons.

i like a sick joke … but this ain’t a topic to joke about … perpetuates and normalises bad stuff … personally the mod’s should have deleted the post and given the OP a warning.

You can go fuck yourself with your judgemental attitude and your preconceived ideas about me and my experiences. You have no idea about my past or what I’ve been through. I don’t particularly want to share details on a public forum but I will say that I have more right than most people on here to comment on the subject. I haven’t allowed what’s happened to to wipe out my sense of humour entirely. Shit happens, but that hasn’t stopped me from trying to get on with life.

I wasn’t offended by a crap joke but I am offended by your ignorant comment. 

personally the mod's should have deleted the post and given the OP a warning.
kris
don't think we have those anymore. this place is pretty self-moderating

“You can go fuck yourself with your judgemental attitude and your preconceived ideas about me and my experiences. You have no idea about my past or what I’ve been through. I don’t particularly want to share details on a public forum but I will say that I have more right than most people on here to comment on the subject. I haven’t allowed what’s happened to to wipe out my sense of humour entirely. Shit happens.”

Same. Without giving away much I’ve also experienced things that people shouldnt. Still here. Still seeing the laugh in the joke. Still seeing keyboard warriors jumping on their high horse without real understanding because “I know someone who…” fuck off.
Obviously humour is opinion based and everyone us entitled to their own view but don’t force your view onto others even if you are a majority. If you don’t you’re no better than a terrorist believing your cause is justified. This thread needs to be locked and deleted because it’s not coming to any peaceful conclusion and it’s better to not cause a rift between people.