Stolen

[quote] How did you find it? And yes, how was it secured? Glad you got it back yourebarredthe one neighbour I asked said she saw nothing. 10 minutes later get a call saying she's seen a motorbike in a park and thinks it could be mine! all I'm going to say on security is I have learnt my lesson! The guy I mentioned above has his all secured down and they cut through it all had to be the same people. --- The Sleeper [/quote]

Dont mean to argue but clearly no matter what security you had, they would have taken it… don’t beat yourself up about it.
Really glad you got it back. I’d offer to help like brs but i think i may add to the bill rather than reduce with my spannering skill :joy:

Serrisan
yup I agree.

going to make some home improvements now as well. Just going to do as much as I can. They’ve done it once they are highlight likely to do it again now they know it is there.

wow! I really thought SV’s are not that desirable… Glad you got it back!

Glad you got it back. Sounds more like an opportunistic thief. Hope you get her fixed soon.

I wouldn’t have though the Lexmoto is that desirable either?

I wouldn't have though the Lexmoto is that desirable either?
monkimark
not a 50cc one at that

must be wanna be scrots

not yet taken to football training

Happy to hear your bike is back. Hope you’ll get it fixed soon.

Sad and good news in one post! Hopefully you can fix it soon

Was it just joyridden? Seems like a lot is of effort to go to just to smash it up and abandon it? Maybe they are on the apprentice scheme working through the Suzuki range.

I don’t see the good news on this post :frowning: Fuckers. This is like Stockholm syndrome setting in.

Fair point, I should say bad news and almost good news

I’m pleased you got it back. Why do you think they dumped it?

I'm pleased you got it back. Why do you think they dumped it? eezie

they came to their senses and realised “who the fuck steals an SV650” :slight_smile:

Glad TheSleeper got it back. Just a shame he’ll now be £800 out of pocket to repair

they came to their senses and realised "who the fuck steals an SV650" :-)
Glad TheSleeper got it back. Just a shame he'll now be £800 out of pocket to repair
Hold Da Kæft
haha thanks!

well after the mist had settled. It looks like I’ve got off lightly. Yoke top has to be replaced (£50 on fleabay) fair replacement then respray to my colour £150, the wiring could probably be covered as they have not actually wrecked it. So with the help of a few LB’ers I’m looking at about £200-£250 ish.

to answer the original question I think it was solely they could not get it to start, nothing more… so they just stamped on it like a Friday night pisshead and left it…

oh forgot to mention they have wrecked the top box that is a wright off so if anyone has a monokey one going cheap let me know. Managed to persuade work to get me that one cannot ask them to buy the replacement… (<– Royston don’t mention that bit to Alfie) 

I don't see the good news on this post :( Fuckers. This is like Stockholm syndrome setting in.
Agreed. We should not be pleased The Sleeper has had his bike stolen thrashed and abandoned. We should be livid.

Can’t you just replace the front section of the loom
And how much £££££ to keep quite to numb nuts

they came to their senses and realised "who the fuck steals an SV650" :-) Glad TheSleeper got it back. Just a shame he'll now be £800 out of pocket to repair Hold Da Kæft
haha thanks!
well after the mist had settled. It looks like I've got off lightly. Yoke top has to be replaced (£50 on fleabay) fair replacement then respray to my colour £150, the wiring could probably be covered as they have not actually wrecked it. So with the help of a few LB'ers I'm looking at about £200-£250 ish.
to answer the original question I think it was solely they could not get it to start, nothing more.. so they just stamped on it like a Friday night pisshead and left it..
oh forgot to mention they have wrecked the top box that is a wright off so if anyone has a monokey one going cheap let me know. Managed to persuade work to get me that one cannot ask them to buy the replacement.. (<-- Royston don't mention that bit to Alfie) 
The Sleeper
Completely wrecked, or just the lock?

You can buy pretty much any part of a Givi box as individual spare parts.

I mean completely! They’ve caused so much damage to replace all the parts would mean rebuilding it from the ground up.