Stolen red BMW F700GS - 62 reg - stolen from outside Cineworld West India Quay

Posting on behalf of my flat mate, his bike was stolen within the last hour from outside the Cineworld in West India Quay

Police have been advised but please keep an eye out and PM me if any news/sightings

Bastards.

OMG, only just seen this!!! :frowning:

Guys be careful when parking bikes anywhere near Dockland/Isle of Dogs. I was given access to CCTV footage of two recent bike thefts.
Two young lads on a black scooter. The bikes that were stolen were both at most 2 years old.

The thieves seem to just jump on the bikes and start them up within 15 seconds. No sign of forcing the ignitions. As strange as it sounds, it was almost as if they had keys. Unless they tethered the stolen bike to the scooter… it was difficult to see in the footage.

I also noticed the owners didn’t have any chains or disc lock on their bikes.

I can help with this.

Both boys live on the isle of dogs.

They have tried taking mine and my mates bikes numerously. Park up a bike in docklands as bait and you will see them!

They usually tow the bikes

I in no way condone vigilante behaviour… However, imagine 20 bikers hiding round various corners, all catching up and surrounding them and the bait bike. (p.s. I’m totally up for this)

1 Like

i offer to use my ntv as bait but know they wont want to steal it lol im game for playing a bit of cat and mouse =]

When I lived on the Isle of Dogs, 2 young lads on a scotter tried to steal my bike three times, from a very secure underground car park. They only failed the first two times because I had it chained to a 20kg bucket of concrete, the third time I spotted them and they shot off. Each time it was reported to the police (with CCTV footage) but nothing ever done about it (they did take a statement once)

Man was I glad to move out of that area in the end! Such a shame as it’s a great place to live imo

Probably the same two guys that stole my bike.

One is early twenties/late teens with fair hair and the ugliest imagineable person ever. Goofy as **** and milk bottle glasses.

Bait bikes are easy, just leave a bike in an obvious position with either

1- The correct key that starts the engine (with something that makes it impossible to ride away, No chain/no clutch/disconnected gear lever etc.

2- The wrong key in the ignition

Everyone is right on here about who they are by the sounds of it.

Found out today that they call one ‘Burger’ - that’s his actual tag name lol

“I in no way condone vigilante behaviour… However, imagine 20 bikers hiding round various corners, all catching up and surrounding them and the bait bike. (p.s. I’m totally up for this)”

Ditto, I’ll bring my almax chain :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies all!

I just got off the phone to the investigating officer and they also think it’s the same two scrotes. The problem is they’re always wearing helmets, so without actually catching them in the act or identifying their prints on stolen bikes, they can’t pin anything on them.
I just don’t know why the police don’t try the bait bike method, it would work so well. They’d only need a small budget for the bike as it sounds like the **** sticks aren’t too fussy.
There’s probably something in law that says it’s entrapment or something…

Anyhow, I’ll be keeping my eye on Gumtree/ebay for the next few months. :slight_smile:

im in. I can speak to someone who has been waiting for good intel like this. I away till jan but I’m thinking we could get something sorted next year.

Hidden cameras the lot.

1 Like

If it was to happen and resulted in a nick, it could be a good bit of PR for LB?
(Although the mods might need to clean up the forum about wanting to smash their heads in lol)

The police wouldn’t give you credit, they would say it was due to their hard work and diligence. They done it in the past when websites have provided evidence against paedophiles.

We don’t have “entrapment” in this country, but we do have something similar. You can only give a criminal a reasonable opportunity to commit a crime and not create a situation such that anyone might be tempted or bullied into committing a crime.

A prime example is hailing a non-taxi minicab. If you stand on the street and just hail it as it passes, that is not entrapment, but if you wave a bunch of £50 notes at the guy, that might be going a bit too far as it would be tempting for any driver to pull over if they think that they can earn far more than usual for giving you a lift.

Bear in mind that mini-cabs can’t pick up from the street.

its not nice having anything nicked so i would gladly help out catching the thieving gits

im away until the 2nd

1 Like

“The police wouldn’t give you credit, they would say it was due to their hard work and diligence”

Local rag might provide a spin on it though?

“You can only give a criminal a reasonable opportunity to commit a crime and not create a situation such that anyone might be tempted”

So keys left in it is a no-no.

http://londonbikers.com/forums/427000//Those-of-you-wishing-for-Decoy-Bikes-in-LondonIts-happening?Keywords=decoy