Stolen Green Street Triple

perhaps its coz they are so easy to steal?

I think the manufacturers need to make a lot more effort with security generally.

Yup they do… Matt there knows his stuff so will help you along the way of fixing it! :slight_smile:

light, powerfull, and nimble, like KTM’s…perfect for goign off kerbs, and through traffic a la smash and grabs

plus like KTM’s they are easy to pinch,most bikes are if they aint bolted down.

obviously i aint a bike thief, but i know how they operate.

what Ratty said plus theres no risk of the piston blowing throw the side of the engine wile in a high speed chase lol

glad your geting her back

Honda do, they have HISS http://ww1.honda.co.uk/news/motorcycles/20070308.html

and it does work to a certain extent, ok it dont stop it being put in a van, BUT it is alot harder to get started without a bit of messing about, unlike bikes that dont have similar system.

it would make sense for all manufacturers to have there own immobilisers built into ALL bikes they make, but they dont…

I was beginning to think stolen bikes evaporated!

So nice to hear something good for once.

Thanks for the info everyone. I can finally go and get my bike back from Charlton Compound.

Unfortunately they haven’t been able to tell me nearly anything about my bike, so I’m going to have to go all the way there to see if I can ride it. I imagine it is ridable, but whether I can start it or not is another question.

So two questions, does anyone know how they might have started it over and over again without a key? Presumibly I will need to do the same thing? Either with a screwdriver or the key (I assume this won’t work?) or something else?

The other question is, can anyone recommend a Van/Bike Pickup service? I don’t really even know what to search for! other than the RAC.

Thanks all

Oneplace2save - Marcio the Brazilian. I’ve used him and hes pretty cool

My paps just Got a van depending wear it needs to be taken to

I’m sure hed pick it up and take to back to yours

Hey all, thanks for all the suggestions. I got a PM and someone came and picked it up today for a very reasonable price! Thanks for the info RArch!

Finally picked it up from the police today. I went to the compound in the middle of nowhere yesterday and queued for ages only to find out how very broken the starter was, as I suspected to be fair. It was hot on the tube with kevlar jeans on though! Picked it up in the Van today.

Glad to see you got her back, despite the damage.

Not sure how much the starters are but the rest should be fairly cheap :slight_smile: