Stolen Fri/24th jan

Thank you for this.
I have the proof that within 3 minutes the tracker was removed so no issue there.

I purchased the tracker when i prchased the new bike from p&h and they said they have trained staff who fit the units and boasted it would take to long to remove allowing time for recovery!!.

The police did ask for details of where fitted and by who!!

Hi all, latest update is aviva are getting me a new bike like for like, this has been ordered and i can collect on march 1st on the new 14 plate, tracker, akros and tail tidy etc will all be on as they were on when i purchased mine, bennets say they will try to claim back 3rd party loses as a result of poor fitted tracker so i have no need , insurance will go up by 4-5% so not to bad.
Thank you all for the replys and concern

jeff

What did the dealer say in the end with regards to tracker? I assume you had GAP insurance? Glad you got things sorted.

All the best!

D

“bennets say they will try to claim back 3rd party loses as a result of poor fitted tracker”

I actually hope they are successful. About time that companies selling “anti theft devices” with bold claims are held accountable.

Good result.

ty all for the support, will add pics when i pic her up:)

Hi hash,

Sorry to read about your R1 being stolen (I used to have the 2004 model).

I was directed to this thread by nails (thank you nails) from my thread ( http://londonbikers.com/forums/1059039/motorcycle-trackers ) as I am considering getting the Bike Trac tracker after seeing it and chatting to the owner at the bike show on Friday, and am researching into the various kinds that are available. Can you please say exactly what make, and maybe model if there is more than one, of tracker that you had fitted?

Please keep us posted with how you get on regarding P & H Motorcycles on their fitting of the tracker.

Another thing pops into mind now. If I were entertaining buying a tracker, I would ask the company fitting it if they have a policy of not employing or contracting anyone who has been convicted or formally cautioned of a criminal offence. If they don’t have such a policy, I’d walk away and take my business elsewhere.

they could argue an ex bike thief would be the best man for the job :slight_smile:

kind of like the ending of “catch me if you can”

I can see that there may be an advantage in an ex-convict/bike thief involved with the training of fitters/technicians of where and how to fit a tracker device. But I would not want them personally involved in fitting anything to my bike.

This makes me sick. They should not be able to do this so damned quickly.

Surely this would unto the insurance company now, not the dealer. It would be interesting to find out what happened. Although I have not read the rest of this post yet.