Stolen Daytona 675 NW5

This is a longshot… My beloved 2008, 675 Daytona has been stolen from Queen’s Crescent, Chalk Farm. Any information would be massively appreciated!

It has a few identifying features: red, carbon heel guards, metal front  and rear brake fluid reservoirs, gel seat, a weird rear-view camera that the previous owner installed, and a chip in the front mudguard from  where I once forgot to take of the brake lock. It also was recently attacked and had the ignition switch removed…Reg no: VX58 MHF

I have all the keys and the documents, so presumably can’t be sold on any legitimate websites… So watch out!

I would really, really like this back. Please feel free to message me if you see anything similar.

Thanks bike owners… Love your bikes, you never know when they might be gone.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

What security did you have on it at the time?

Oxford monster chain attached to the ground anchor you can see in the photo, a brake disk lock, and it’s got a datatool alarm fitted… When I got there, this had happened to the ground anchor, so maybe those things aren’t to be trusted: 

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Sorry to hear …that’s a couple gone in a week from nw postcodes…getting nearer and nearer to my postcode.

What is the make of that ground anchor and what disc lock did you have?

The chain you had was demonstrated by Almax to have lasted on 14 seconds against bolt croppers.  See the video below at 2:12.

Chain wasnt issue by the looks of photo … the roll pin that secures the anchors loop has been knocked out … right hand side of photo 1cm or so small cylindrical metal object is the pivot hinge of the loop

Is that a council fitted anchor point? Could you claim against them for not fitting a very secure one?

I think it`s a shame when people add to other bikers loss by implicit criticism of what would by all accounts seem sensible and suitable security measures.

We all know any lock or chain can be breached by a determined thief, no need to rub our noses in it when it fails.

Marmablade makes a fair anchor point.

Sorry to hear off yer loss Yoss.

I saw your post on the 675.cc forum too, so hopefully there’ll be plenty of people keeping an eye out for your tona.

To be honest buying a chain now because it can’t be cropped with a set of bolt cutters is like the MOD investing in tanks to fight off ISIS. As has become quite obvious on here lately, the scrotes have changed the battlefield by moving on to cordless grinders.

+1

Unless you’re trying to work out if it was done by a pro group or someone lower skilled to help op, it just feels like a kick in the nuts insinuating they were somehow at fault not having a sniper aiming it 24/7

Chain wasnt issue by the looks of photo … the roll pin that secures the anchors loop has been knocked out … right hand side of photo 1cm or so small cylindrical metal object is the pivot hinge of the loop

TimR
Yes, that's why I asked about the ground anchor.  It's made me think that some of them can be compromised, possibly with a lever of some kind.  But what you said, and seeing the pin lying next to makes more sense.

To be honest buying a chain now because it can’t be cropped with a set of bolt cutters is like the MOD investing in tanks to fight off ISIS. As has become quite obvious on here lately, the scrotes have changed the battlefield by moving on to cordless grinders.

Pat
It takes a lot of guts/stupidity/desperation to make that kind of noise.
I think it`s a shame when people add to other bikers loss by implicit criticism of what would by all accounts seem sensible and suitable security measures.

We all know any lock or chain can be breached by a determined thief, no need to rub our noses in it when it fails.

Marmablade makes a fair anchor point.

Sorry to hear off yer loss Yoss.

Jetstream
That was not my intention.  However, on reflection, I can see how that could be misunderstood.  I've sent Yoss an apology by intercom.

I remember a tv documentary about car theft, where a high ranking copper said “If it’s a professional thief, and he want your car, there’s nothing you can do to stop him”, and that may be paraphrased, but the sentiment is exact.  From that, I’ve always thought that I cannot make my bike theft proof, but I can make it so difficult and time consuming for a thief, that he’d rather go for an easier one.

In that case, recent evidence would suggest there’s no shortage of gutsy/stupid/desperate people… or for that matter any shortage of people who won’t pay any attention to them getting on with it. :confused:

You can do all you want but if some git going after your bike there’s probably no way to keep is safe

It is one of the risks of having a nice bike. The only way of not having it nicked is not to have a nice bike, or at least not one that looks nice. I figure my 1995 Bandit, rusty and different colours front and back is fairly safe.

Sorry to hear of the theft, Yoss :frowning:

Yeah, very annoying. If I remember correctly, 80% of bike are stolen from their owners’ homes. If you see my profile picture, those implements are in my home, and ready for use. Not too good with the kama, but competent with everything else there, so reckon my home security is adequate.

It’s annoying that so many people that see something like a theft or mugging, and do nothing. I can understand people being frightened and not getting physically involved, but at least to call the fuzz if they see something suspicious.

I hope your insurance covered against theft, good luck with the claim and I hope it gets recovered and they catch the thieves… I’ll keep my eyes peeled. 

The lad (and everybody) should be able to leave the bike unchained with peace of mind, it’s fucking ridiculous what happens in London. Like Marmablade said, try to blame the council, hit them in the pocket, it’s the only way they will listen. You have nothing to loose anyway.

Best of luck.