Steal attempt.

The site might be a scam, but The Mosquito isn’t.

There really is a device that emits a sound wave that makes teenagers uncomfortable so they move away. The target buyers were shop owners who might put the emitter high on a wall outside the shop to get rid of kids gathering after closing time.

Government has even looked at banning the sale of them, because was it ok for shop keepers to drive kids away from a public place like this? and after last years Londonriots, the police were looking at using a mobile version for the next riots.

I was kind of thinking if it was part of an alarm, and drives kids away when set off. Well they don’t know why they want to leave and might just put it down to nerves or bad vibes about stealing your bike?

Currently both my bikes have alarms, I doubt they will alert a passer by to phone the cops, but they set off such nasty noise that I don’t like being near them at all. The Mosquito reads like a silent version of what I already have and targets under 25s with no ear muffs. Of course what I’d really want would be a mini ED209

That’s £135 + shipping :frowning:

For about another £10 you can have a 2M x 16mm Squire Security Chain and the SS65CS Squire Padlock inclusive of delivery inter webby linky here

If I add ground anchor - delivery is free.

Why do you think squire chain and padlock is worth more? Personal sentiment? Some scientific prove? Or is it common knowledge?

Just as a side note, I have a 1.5m long chain and it’s more than enough to use with a ground anchor if you’re only going through the wheel. Could probably use a shorter one in fact.

I need to chain 2 bikes though. So I guess 2m is minimum.