Speeding Fine!

Unlucky to sit up the road and get tugged as well!

They haven’t got any proof that would stand up for any other crime (something that makes my blood boil about speeding). I’d have taken the court route, used every trick known to Pepipoo, taken the high percentage chance that they’d probably be too busy to come to court over a speeding fine on the day anyway and contested it!

Bliddy hell, for a minute there I thought you were gonna say, “I was that copper!!”, or, “I know who those guys were and they’re m8s of mine!!”. :smiley:

Apparently if only one officer thinks you’re speeding then you’re done for. But most don’t do that. It was a case of being unlucky. I’m sure if there was a few more cars on the road going at the same speed or faster we’d still have been tugged.
Ah well, it was over a year ago now…another 18 months and it’ll be over! :smiley:

The main thing that annoyed me though…just being non-bikers wasn’t an issue, although if they were then I could of seen it being a bollocking only…it was the fact that they both asked what the make and model of the bike was…SHE WAS SAT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM WITH KAWASAKI NINJA WRITTEN ON HER!! :w00t: Thank god for their investigating skills!! :D:D

Sucks you got caught, and sucks you were unhappy with the way you got treated. Police discretion is a much argued subject!

One thing you might want to get advice on though… I’m under the impression that for a charge of speeding to take place, a police officer needs to have the speed coberated. In this case it seems they have ‘gained the impression you were speeding’ but only cooberated GM’s speed and not yours.

Traffic is not my forté but if there is any legal/traffic geeks might be worth a check.

A few of us were pulled in Nottingham going a bit too quick for an officer’s liking… the group got pulled and the speed we had been going at was recorded by a plod on a bridge a while back… When asked how fast we were all going they gave the same speed…

We knew this wasnt the case and so asked for individual speeds and piccys to prove it off the vascar gun… Suprise surprise… only one lad ended up in the piccy and only one lad ended up with points and a fine…

Still not great for him… and im not saying its unfair to get done… but its all a it of a game… you break the rules… they try and do you for it… BUT… they have rule they have to play by also for it to stand up in court if you refute it. So unless you were also in the pic speeding, i really dont know how it would hold up to any scrutiny if you said you had just been overtakenn with him etc etc…

Unless they have you on a video recording in the car maintaining a consistant distance with GM in which case they can prob slap the same speed on as him :frowning:

Good luck either way.

The national speed limit should be 90 anyway to take into account better tyres, brakes etc. - 70 was brought in in 1966 - when people were driving around in Ford anglias with drum brakes on crappy 1960’s tyres!

As I said, the police don’t need the physical evidence. If both of them feel you’re speeding then they can do you.

I’m over it anyway! Its the first lot of points I’ve had on a bike and the first I’d had for some years…the last two lots of three points were in cars…the 2nd lot being totally wrong and even though the 50 or so people who were also done that day argued the toss, the authorities ignored us. It was a dual carriageway with a temp 50 limit for road works further down the road from the camera…however, I didn’t realise it was a 50 limit till I seen a small sign half a mile down from the camera. The main sign before the camera had blown over in the gales the night before. The authorities just told us we were all making it up and as no-one had taken a pic of the sign down a bank…chances are they’d have said someone kicked it over anyway…then we were all liars in their eyes. It was North of Dundee…great roads in Scotland but they’re let down by the millions of cameras that are placed every 2 miles!! :ermm:

Agreed. And people who hog the middle lane should be given three points and a fine. I was going to work the other day and this ‘tit’ came onto the A40 and moved straight into the middle lane. It makes my blood boil as much as people talking on their phones.

Not sure why but I read it is above.

Although I’m not sure why.

In principle I agree - unfortunately there’s just too many utterly clueless people out on the roads these days. On Sunday I had the missus on back heading out to Windsor on the M4. Just before our exit I moved into the nearside lane and noticed a black Golf on the hard shoulder. He’s moving very very slowly so i subconciously cover the brake. Check mirrors, 100m behind me is clear back to a lorry, look up and 25m ahead he’s pulled out into my lane at approx 5mph!! I **** you not, he was barely moving. Fortunately I’m ready, check middle lane, swerve around, obligatory wnaker signal, carry on, but then as i’m pulling onto the slip road I look back to see the lorry dude stamping on the brakes coz this guy’s still only doing 40 odd.

I’m all for raising the speed limit to something more reflective of today’s technology, but along with it there’s got to be higher standards of driving/riding. I despair at some of the things I see on the roads and we’re the most vulnerable group exposed to other people’s stupidity.

And Jools - I’m tearing my hair out here at the thought of all those uninsured drivers just being ignored by the Police! They’re the ones that really need to be the centre of attention.

What you experienced there was Slough driver syndrome.If you go into London, most of the prro driving is a result of malice aforethough and quite blatant.Round the Slough area, it’s simply ignorance and idiocy.Lost count of the amount of near-misses we’ve had (especially on the M4 between J5 and J7)

unfortunate! but lets face it - some cops love to give us a hard time. take it on the chin, your a long time dead.

Cos you’re a perv! :smiley: Fair play to ya…I love it when my brain decides the words my eyes have just read meant summin else. :smiley:

[quote]
Slates (01/09/2009)

You’re having a laugh ain’t ya? Between the two MET pounds and the contract pound we take in 120-200 average vehicles per day!! :w00t:
Then, we spend hours taking abuse off the wkers cos they believe its our fault that their vehicle was seized. Being called an "Fckin Fat Whore!", or "Fckin Fat Ct!" and other such lovely things, or being threatened with being knifed, shot or in my male colleagues case where some blokes threatened to follow him home and rape his wife…ya kinda start thinking that perhaps just seizing their car and giving them a fine and 6 points isn’t enough. Then…you start seeing the same faces coming in once every couple of months!! :angry:

But then I’d rather be faced with that than find out that same git has just hit someone and done a runner. At least while their vehicle is stuck in the pound they ain’t a risk on the roads. :smiley:

Eerrrrmmmmm…it wasn’t me that restarted the post m8. As far as I’m concerned…I’m over it! :smiley: