Speed with Guy Martin: F1

Could be… 

I agree I would have liked it if Guy was given a chance to drive the car… if only to show how difficult it is. Then again, F1 cars need a lot of training to even get them rolling (apparently).

The thing that shocked me the most was how nimble that car was… 

Did you see the Top Gear where Hammond got to drive the Renault F1 Car? he couldn’t even get it off the line, he kept stalling, and he also said at low speed they are horrible to drive as the Aerodynamics aren’t helping, he said it was so weird that to corner better you had to go faster and he just couldn’t get his brain to understand that!

yeah I remember that… couldn’t remember if it was an F1 or F3 car

Somehow I like to think Guy would have bigger balls than Hammond to push it a bit :smiley:

lol. (Not that i’ve seen them) but Guy has HUUGE balls!!! and they are made of Kryptonite!!!

It wasn’t up to Guy’s usual stuff but as has been said it was very much a promo for the new F1 season. Still I enjoyed, I always enjoy Guy and DC too for that matter

I actually really enjoyed it. I thought the F1 car would win but it still shows how close to F1 performance an average person can buy walking into a bike shop and slapping 20k ish down. Plus I thought it was nice to see the banter between Guy and David. I really liked that David had to change a tyre and was amazed how nimble the car was through the cones! It would have been nice if Guy got to drive the car.

I just watched it… I really like Guys’ style. Seems like such a nice bloke. For the £4.25m price difference I think you get more for your money with the bike for sure. And going by that, that was the first time Guy had ridden after breaking his back? Is that right?
I thought he would have beaten David on the reaction testing thing actually, but it just shows you how close they are. Nice programme to get ya in the mood for both vehicle seasons… let the games commence… :slight_smile:

Was the f1 car the rb7?

Seb vettel’s championship winning RB8

Just watching it now. Not only is the car oodles more expensive, how many people he has in his support crew?!

A realistic battle would’ve been Guys BM vs a rally car or as others have said, a MotoGP bike against the F1.

I doubt a motogp bike would have made any difference in the race. Might have ‘won’ the drag race and brake test though.

Silverstone More Suited To the f1 cars for the race as it’s classed as a high speed Circuit like spa and Monza.

Next up, Guy vs Wall of Death on Monday night. Ken Fox is involved, so high hopes.

Same old question 'how fast much do you want to go spend

True of nearly every record?

Also, I don’t want to watch a shoestring budget wall of death 

Has anyone ever died on the wall of death? Should be called the wall of life really.

Has anyone ever died on the wall of death? Should be called the wall of life really. Joby
lol