Speed fine, EU foreign licence. Best option?

I am pretty sure that the same dataset shows that motorcyclists who lose control on bends are travelling at under the speed limit. Bikers don’t come off on bends becasue they are going faster than the law allows, they come off because they crap riders.

Be careful if you chose the option to ask a mate to take the blame, are you the only insured rider??? usually insurance companies ask for details of all the riders in the policy, at least mine did…

They could be riding it using their own policy which permits them to ride other bikes TPFT with the owners consent. I have that on my policy but don’t go on other peoples bikes as if you bin it they may expect a contribution to getting it fixed.

Saying it was a mate riding is still lying to the police though which is generally a bad idea.

Just take the course and avoid the points…

Saying somebody else was riding is a chance of biting you on the @rs3 and if it does, they will make sure you get bitten hard as that type of false declaration is VERY difference from a minor speeding infrigement…

Regarding “but if you insure abroad nobody cares about points” - you might want to check this for yourself, but I looked into foreign insurance a few years ago and, problem there is that most insurance (and non-UK/EU road tax, etc) is only valid for 3 months in the UK, so regardless of what your foreign insurer says, that option is only available if the vehicle is in and out the country on a regular basis and you can prove it. Your foreign insurer will be only too happy to take the premiums off you and when you need to claim for a vehicle that has been in the UK for more than 3 monhts, they’ll wash their hands of you and you’ll be left in the UK driving without valid road tax or insurance… which gets fairly messy fairly fast.