Spare a thought...

for those who cant be with there loved ones this christmas. While your at home in the warm with your loved ones at xmas just take 2 minutes to think of those who cant be…

I fight so you can curse me, I fight so you can moan, I fight in a foreign country while you are safe at home.

You wake up in the morning,climb out of your warm bed, sometimes I do not sleep at all as bullets pass my head.

You Slowly drink your coffee, I gulp down my strong wet,
you think the Xbox actually shows how hard it really gets.

You insult us as we march by, but not everyone thinks
like you, Wootton Bassett respects our fallen something you will never do.

You call your mates and meet them, I watch my oppos die, I carry
them on to the plane and yes I question why.

You say we shouldn’t be here, well maybe that it true, but while you argue rights and wrongs, I have a job to do.So I will serve my country, protect at any price, and should one day the call be made, my life I’ll sacrifice.

ITS CHRISTMAS DAY ALL IS SECURE

IT WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
HE LIVED ALL ALONE
IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE
I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE
AND TO SEE JUST WHO, IN THIS HOME DID LIVE

I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE
NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE
NO STOCKING BY THE MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND
ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES OF FAR DISTANT LANDS
WITH MEDALS AND BADGES AWARDS OF ALL KINDS
A SOBER THOUGHT CAME THROUGH MY MIND
FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT IT WAS DARK AND DREARY
I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY
THE SOLDIER LAY SLEEPING SILENT, ALONE
CURLED UP ON THE FLOOR IN THIS ONE BEDROOM HOME
THE FACE WAS SO GENTLE, THE ROOM IN SUCH DISORDER
NOT HOW I PICTURED A LONE BRITISH SOLDIER
WAS THIS THE HERO OF WHOM I’D JUST READ
CURLED UP ON A PONCHO THE FLOOR FOR A BED

I REALISED THE FAMILIES THAT I SAW THIS NIGHT
OWED THEIR LIVES TO THESE SOLDIERS WHO WERE WILLING TO FIGHT
SOON ROUND THE WORLD THE CHILDREN WOULD PLAY
AND GROWN-UPS WOULD CELEBRATE A BRIGHT CHRISTMAS DAY

THEY ALL ENJOY FREEDOM EACH MONTH OF THE YEAR
BECAUSE OF THE SOLDIERS LIKE THE ONE LYING HERE
I COULDN’T HELP WONDER HOW MANY ALONE
ON A COLD CHRISTMAS EVE IN A LAND FAR FROM HOME

THE VERY THOUGHT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE
I DROPPED TO MY KNEES AND STARTED TO CRY
THE SOLDIER AWAKENED AND I HEARD A ROUGH VOICE
‘SANTA DON’T CRY THIS LIFE IS MY CHOICE
I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, I DON’T ASK FOR MORE
MY LIFE IS MY GOD, MY COUNTRY, MY CORPS’

THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER AND DRIFTED TO SLEEP
I COULDN’T CONTROL IT, I CONTINUED TO WEEP

I KEPT WATCH FOR HOURS SO SILENT AND STILL
AND WE BOTH SAT AND SHIVERED FROM THE COLD NIGHTS CHILL
I DIDN’T WANT TO LEAVE ON THAT COLD DARK NIGHT
THIS GUARDIAN OF HONOUR SO WILLING TO FIGHT

THEN THE SOLDIER ROLLED OVER WITH A VOICE SOFT AND PURE
WHISPERED ‘CARRY ON SANTA ITS CHRISTMAS DAY ALL IS SECURE’
ONE LOOK AT MY WATCH AND I KNEW HE WAS RIGHT
‘MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT’

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/8422194.stm

+1 on this sentiment! Been there, done the Christmas tours etc… It’s a very lonely time of year for a lot of forces personnel, especially the ones on tour.

I’ll definitely be sparing a thought and raising a glass of port, to all our boys and girls on tour across the world, and especially those who didn’t make it back!..

Just come home safely y’hear!

69 views and only 2 posts…

Im lucky to not be on ops, im just stuck here in Germany… still away from my girl, family and friends but aint as bad as bein on Tour like my mates are rite now.

Even been invited, along with 3 of my mates, to an officers house by him and his wife for a xmas meal/**** up… they both are teaching us to play polo. We live in the block, we certainly werent gona turn down home cooking :D:hehe:

Agreed. It’s a special job the guys and girls do and I wish them and their families well.

We can celebrate our Christmas in peace, lets hope those serving get a little Christmas peace.

I will also be raising a glass to the brave souls that are fighting for my freedom all over this land.

Stay safe and come home soon.

I will spare a thought, I will send a prayer.

May you all return home to the ones you love.

May the Gods always stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

best wishes to them all, hope they get a few hours respite wherever they are…

and on a similar note a big thank you to all the blues and twos who’ll be trying to fix other peoples families over christmas, rather than being at home with their own…

I’m on my own for xmas too in New York. I’m not bothered though, I’m not religious and I get to buy loads of pressies from me to me and I wont have to pretend to be thrilled to receive crap presents that I would never use :rolleyes: my big present to myself this year is going to Miami for New Year :cool:

+1 from me tooWell said PJ

Here’s to the guys and girls fighting abroad and keeping our Country safe.

There’s a link on FaceBook that a few of us joined the other day. Its requesting all supporters to have a two minute silence at midday on Christmas Day. I’ll certainly be doing it even though I’m in work! :smiley:

Come home safe everyone in the Forces!

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas out there with your comrades,…errrrr mates!

You’d be surprised at how many people find Christmas an alienating time of the year. I remember spending most
of mine doing charity work on Christmas day because it seemed preferable to spending it watching either re-runs of
‘The Guns of Navarone’ or Steve McQueen re-enact the ‘Great Escape’ for the 20th time since I laid eyes on a t.v.
in childhood.

Riding down Oxford Street and seeing the lights and those purply spider web lights was lovely, as well as seeing so many happy French people stuck in London because of the cross-channel failures, enjoying the uncertainty of being stuck in materialist heaven was interesting. So was being stuck in grid-locked snow-battering traffic for 4 hours moving nowhere, realising that there would be others out there who would be sleeping in their cars overnight, or worrying about running out of petrol.

But I guess mostly, it doesn’t feel like Christmas when those we love aren’t around anymore. That’s what makes my Christmas special. Hope you get to touch base with them over Christmas.

Happy Christmas :slight_smile:

Gona go hunting for that now.

Some good messages there guy and gals… :wink:

2 of my friends are on tour away from their family and friends. I wish them a Merry Christmas along with the rest of the boys fighting out there :slight_smile:

Dont forget the girls too… we have alot of girls who go out on the frontlines

Indeed, the best of luck and have a happy and peaceful christmas day out there in the oolu. Stay sharp, stay frosty, stay warm. Don’t let the gits get you down!

Raise a glass, light a candle and say a prayer for them. Will keep the 2 mins silence too.

A big thank you to the boys and girls keeping us safe.

Best wishes to all those fighting for a cause right now, our boys and everyone elses.

Here ya go hinny…

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=205936592280

There’s also this group if anyone would like to join it…

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38990126332