Southend Shakedown Back On?

Hi All

Just been notified by the motoguzzi club that the Southend Shakedown is back on, Can anyone confirm?

Dizzx

yes it is

seems to be:

http://www.acecafeevents.com/southend.html

Thanks!

Woohoo, I’m in! If anyone else wanted to set off from Vauxhall around 9.15 let me know. Can outside the metropolis (tonnes of bike parking just outside)

Probably in (depends on weather). But rather avoid the main way in as there will be a loot of bikers with lack of ability to use mirrors (worse than car drivers me thinks).

B

I was at the Ace earlier and Lee one of the managers said that the local businesses had paid the policing fee

I’m assuming the traders will not be absorbing the additional cost either and that there endeth the 80p seaside cuppa rosie lee. Probably another nail in the British traditional seaside fish n chip coffin too. On that subject, many have yet to come to terms with the price hikes when they did away with the old newspaper wraps. Then there was when the High Street calculated 4d to equal 2p, a whooping 20% increase overnight. What about the Chancellors VAT thing, where’s the real value in that? I’d suggest the Countries proper gone to the dogs but even that’s off the radar with the redevelopment of the Stow ;-(

last years ride was good & at times entertaining & something I enjoyed then it all went down hill from there when we  hit the sea front

I would join up for a ride there again & just peel off at Shoebury and do my own thing

last years ride was good & at times entertaining & something I enjoyed then it all went down hill from there when we  hit the sea front

I would join up for a ride there again & just peel off at Shoebury and do my own thing

Wise
Completely agree, And it went even worse on the way home as we got caught up riding with the Gang of Twats that were stunting in tshirts and shorts and just being really anti-social. I will never go to the sea front again or ride home with the crowds

Me and someone else can’t remember who it was ended up riding back in convoy with the Bedford hells angels chapter…twas a good day out. my only regret was following the others like a sheep over the bridge and not going through the little puddle