Some drivers, eh

I think we’ve all met drivers like this. (You can skip the first minute).

This is the most dangerous kind of guy, probably would go all the way and might even know how to handle himself, but is an absolute cunt on the roads

1 Like

Agreed. Best to avoid. Nut jobs like that kill people.

1 Like

Wouldn’t of even got off the bike with my kid on the back, just would of waved the lunatic past

1 Like

That guy couldn’t handle himself. Could tell by his body language.

1 Like

Agreed, all talk & no trousers.

Yes, the driver’s attitude was wrong, as was the use of his horn, his language, and offering you out for a fight. However, going up to his car and swearing in your first sentence, although understandable, may be seen as incorrect too.

If I was in that situation, and able to think clearly at the time, my first sentence would probably have been “Hey mate, be reasonable, can’t you see the L-plastes?”. I’m not sure if I would have gotten off the bike though, as that may be perceived as aggressive behaviour.

Regardless, he was acting irresponsibly and possibly illegally, by using his horn to harass other road users.

I’m glad you didn’t accept his challenge for a fight, because that could get both of you arrested for affray. I reckon that you would have ended up in a police station, and him in a hospital.

More power in a paracetemol…

Still, best just letting him get past and get on with whatever vitally important business he has to attend to, especially if you’ve got a kid on the pillion.
If he goes around in life like that every day, it won’t be long until he gets put on his arse.

Not me, it’s from FarceBook. But yes, I agree with all you’ve said.

Aceman has a point. I’ve always been told.and believe that if you flick someone or give him the international gentleman’s sign or swear at them, you are goading them to get stuck in.

However we’re all fallible to lose our shit sometimes. Whilst I have no issue in getting into it with someone (not that I’d be necessarily ant good), in this country it really isn’t worth it. Regardless who’s wrong or right you’ll end up with legal hassle that isn’t worth it. As monkimark says, best let them get on with it and go crash into a tree

1 Like

I dislike social media justice. Report it to the police if you must but all this public shaming and righteousness isn’t great.

2 Likes

As I said above, it’s not mine.

I agree with you, and some cases have been thrown out because the possibility of a fair trail has been compromised by a social media pile-on. If it was mine (it’s not, I don’t run a camera) I would report it first, and only share it if there was successful conviction.

I know it’s not your video I was just speaking generally.

1 Like

Actually Serrisan, it’s law. That behaviour comes under Section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986, which is about intentional harassment, alarm or distress, and is defined as, and I’m paraphrasing here, a person uses words or behaviour or displays any writing, sign or visible representation, that is threatening, abusive or insulting or uses disorderly behaviour, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, and whereby a person is caused harassment, alarm or distress.

It’s one of the laws I’ve learnt in order to run seminars and workshops on self-defence. Knowing such laws helps people not to fall foul of them unwittingly. It can be easy to get suckered in such situations if you’re not aware of them. And if you are aware of them, and adhere to them, it can be humiliating to keep them, because you might feel like a coward for not retaliating, or take some stick from your mates for not asserting yourself. But a few minutes of self control, and possibly of lot of stick from your mates in the pub that night, is far better than few hours in custody or hospital.

2 Likes

Yes I know it’s law because I did it to an unmarked police car whose driver deserved it more than this guy. Somehow also got away with it after pulling over and having words with each other. A few searches on Google when I got home made me realise I got off luckily

But I’m less concerned of the potential legal ramifications of flicking someone and the unlike chance of them reporting me, compared to the actual ramifications of getting in a fight.

However it’s true, if you break it first you weaken any case if then get beaten up…

1 Like