some bad news

Yeah kish she is right mate! Is this your first off?? If so well you broke your duck and your still here… well done!

If you need a lesson in middle finger actions ask alba, i was a witness again yesterday in how versatile a middle finger can be used whilst riding a motorbike!!:smiley:

Bad luck, hope you get yourself and the scoot sorted soon.

I’ve just got the final say on the accident I had back in January. So hopefully some cash the bank soon.

Dont expect any clarity or good coms from you’re insurer or any solicitor, set reminders to chase them and record the details of any phone calls with them.

I’d post on here if your in doubt about what to do or say to them.

Any witnesses? Any cameras at that junction?

sorry to hear this wishing you all the best

what can i say Rix…she didnt get it the first time so i had to keep showing it to her in slow motion :smiley:

Well least you didn’t end up in hospital. Now beware who are watching when sticking that stiff middle finger out whilst drinking tea down the Ace.

Speak to T.C on here… Spoke to him today and very helpful :slight_smile:

Glad you are alright as it could have been worse.

thanks guys, im gonna be taking the scooter todasy to the piaggio dealer for a estimate of damage cause and get them to fax it over to the insurance company. MCE said they will be giving me a free courtesy scooter until mine is repaired lol i just hope they dont give me a piaggio zip because i will be walking it every where haha, got so much paper work to fill in :frowning:

at least you might be able to learn from it, and you are ok :slight_smile:

GWS fella

I swear the driver around Harrow are some of the worst on country

Glad to hear you walked away :slight_smile:

thanks all, spoke to insurance they said i have to pay storage charge as i am taking it to a garage of my choice and not one of their garages to which i said well in that case i wont be taking it to a garage until my parts arrive, bunch of cunts i aint paying no storage charges. im awaiting a call from them to let me know when my courtesy bike will be given to me.

garage called up and said the bill for damages has come up to 1200 inc labour im really hoping the insurance company will pay for damages if not they will right it off and give me the cash.

That seems like a lot for the minor bits of damage I saw! Did they say why it came to so much, or are the parts just expensive?

£1200 seem a lot off damage have you had 3 indepented quotes? whats the bike worth??

body panels + air filter +plus air filter box + left hand mirror + front suspension is damaged + labour = £1200

Did you bruise your finger because you couldn’t pull it out of your arse in time?

I suppose the suspension being damaged could be the reason for the high quote, but you mean to say that they’re replacing the air filter box rather than just cleaning the oil out of the old one??! Are you sure they’re not just making the most of it as the insurance company are paying? As Kulj says I’d get another quote if I were you.

£1200? The insurance company may want to write it off then. If I were you I would get the £1200 as a without prejudice payment and agree you will do the repairs yourself (without the loss being recorded as a write off). I would imagine you could fix it for a lot less than they have quoted and you keep the difference. I did that twice last year. Be a bit careful though because the rental bike will go back the moment you receive the payment, so you need to be sure you can stay mobile…

1200 - that’s enough for a deposit on a motorbike :smiley:

You know it makes sense :wink: