So it happened again 🙈

Attempted bike jacking trying to cross the north circ by Bounds Green tube. After 6 hours of parent consultations (the Joy’s of being a teacher) I was waiting at the head of the lights preparing to cross the a406. Cue quad pulling in front of me revving away, two motocross bikes pull either side and two other bikes pull behind me. Biker on the right tries to grab my bars so I know it’s time to get out of dodge. I see a timely gap in traffic, peg back the throttle and blip the rear brake into a sharp left. Bring the speed right up, fly through three sets of reds with traffic filtering across and final hairpin off the a406 through a final red and into the residentials to lock up and wait for it to all blow over.

After calling the non-emergency line, 4 mins of switchboard options and I finally get to report the whole affair. After which the woman said some boroughs will drop any traffic infringements others wont so if anything comes through the post try to appeal it. Anyone out there successfully managed to bounce these fines?

3 Likes

You did well Beans. The media would love this story you being a hard working teacher.

Giveitsomebeans - Well done. If in your shoes, I would have called 999. Can you describe any of the bikes? I occasionally see a couple of two stroke motorcross bikes and quads in my borough, Enfield, and would happily note their number plates and ring it through to the fuzz if I had your police CAD number.

Plus 1 for 999 it’s an emergency and police could of responded more timely perhaps

1 Like

'kin hell.

Glad you are okay.

I don’t know the area, but where there any shops nearby which might have some CCTV you can get a copy? if you have hard evidence cannot see how they can’t drop any fines etc.

Pleased you made it out in one piece (again)…

Cheers lads, it was pretty intense at the time, but in hindsight I just feel angry I was made to endanger lives. I’m not adverse to a spirited ride, but not in densely populated areas and not riding to my limits on the road. If some poor sod was crossing somewhere unpredictable or one of the fellas begging at the lights was waiting in the road it would be game over.

The quad was white and blue, and so was the mx bike on the left, cant be sure about the other three. The police said they would put a call out with description and area code but I doubt it would come out with any kind of priority.

Went back on the bike to work today so it didnt become a thing but will probably cycle for a while until the dust settles.

1 Like

CAD: 2828162/19

Tbh I doubt they will follow it up, think the only way they would was if it was a call to say it’s being nicked from work and they are armed.