so i was yapping on the mobile whilst filling up

Toby you honestly crack me up

Maybe you should give this a go. Get some petrol and some diesel and pour it on the concret. Come back 15min later and see which one is still there

You saying they would both evaporate? I agree, so what is it that makes the area in front of pumps so slippery??

You should never sit on a bike while filling it up.

The fumes given off from unleaded contain a highly carcinogenic toxin called Benzine Always get off your bike and avoid inhalation wherever possible.

Oops! I do that all the time!

Note taken!

unless you stick your head over the tank when you’re sat there, i doubt it makes much odds

so petrol doesn’t leave any residue?

You saying they would both evaporate? I agree, so what is it that makes the area in front of pumps so slippery??

No, I’m saying that one will evaporate and the other will leave slime to make the area around the pump slippery. Maybe have a look at the Kill Spills website and this should give you the answer

Not unless some twat has just pumped 20l’s out.

Low level exposure to Benzene has been linked with cancer, leukaemia and impotence.

Where do the fumes go when you ill up while sitting on your bike?.. Straight into your face.

Its a risk i’d rather not take.

If there is no danger why do they have fume recovery systems on petrol pumps in US?

Why thank you!