smiled almost fired...sniff sniff

ok…in short…

guy that i work with has the real hump with me today as when i was checking over an aircraft…i find something that i dont like…he’s more worried about the delay times that effects our monthly bonus…

i tell him not to worry as im taking full responsibility for the delay…and start speaking to the captain of the aircraft in the cockpit…explaining the situation…

this guy interrupts me in full swing and tells the captain that there is nothing to worry about and that the problem has been delt with and that we should start departing asap…:ermm:.

i then tell the captain to please stand by and i will return shortly…

my headset comes off and i ask wtf is he playing at…and how i want an engineer to have a look at the problem…he says no and as he’s about to get up in my face…my manager spots us having it out and comes over…and pulls us off the flight…i tell him whats going on and start to walk away…

this guy marches over and starts ripping into me and i stand there for a minute or so just taking it…hands on hips…

before i know it…ive just lost it completely and grab him by the scruff off his top…he looses his balance and i draw my arm back ready to put this guys teeth down his throat…untill i find myself being restrained by a buddy of mine …

we get separated and theres lots of argie bargie…and i start grinning to myself…dismayed at the fact i lost my cool and let this scroat get under my skin…

i go out of the airport and have a ciggy…still gobsmaked at the situation…

i go back inside and get told that i will be pulled into the station managers office about it…

i tell him the situation and he decided no further action will be taken on the provisal that i dont make a habbit of doing such a thing again…i said i would’nt and left it at that…

god…what a day…im so not a person for loosing my rag…but for some reason…the pressure of deadlines and delays and all sorts of stuff in my personal life just made me see red…

im so glad im home now and soo sorry to vent this on you guys…

rant over…and have a good weekend…

smiled:).

Sorry to hear about the bad day at work.
Given your description of your job on a recent thread, I would say that you did the right thing ordering the check. Well done for the restraint.

Have a (insert beverage of choice) and relax with some GTA stupidness!!!
“I smoke 'cause it gives me peace of mind!”

Horrible day Fella, the bloke sounds like a right tool. have a good ride over the weekend but go easy home from work!

sorry…forgot to mention that this guy was my supervisor…:doze:

Big man hug fella:D

I’m with you Smiled, you are dealing with the safety of possibly hundreds of people and in my book you can’t put a price on that.

You did the right thing, Fugg em all:P:D

unlucky there mate - the positive is that you didnt actually hit him, so your fine - if he is ripping into you then he’s got to accept fault too…!

Have a bevvie and enjoy the chill out tonight! :slight_smile:

didn’t you say that it’s manslaughter x200 or so if the plane crashes? and he was worried about a bonus??? good on you Shane!

Sounds to me like you did the right thing mate, you put your integrity and professionalism before your bank balance and bonus, fair play to you Shane, if only more people thought like you! :smiley:

Well done also for recognizing that you were about to lose it and held back, sounds like the guy would have deserved it, but you realised that it would be the wrong way to act and stopped yourself before giving management the opportunity to lay a misconduct charge on you, so well done again.

Now have a relaxing weekend, don’t think about work, enjoy the bike if the weather allows and don’t worry about sharing this kind of stuff with us, after all if you can’t share it with your mates who can you share it with!! :smiley:

…next time my flight is delayed i’ll KNOW who’s to blame

:wink:

Who is this tool, sounds like he needs to get his priorities straight.

F’ing superviser, I’m glad that I don’t really answer to anybody as I’m a touch militant, have had run ins at work, ending in physical exchange but kept cool and came out on top.

Good restraint, go for a promotion I think…:wink:

thanks a million for your support guys…

i dont normally post up this kind of stuff as its usually something i can deal with in my own little way…but today i just got to the end of my teather and i had to vent somehow…my girlfreinds reaction would have been focused on the fact of my almost loosing my job…so telling her is’nt an option…lololol

anyways…no harm done eh?..im alittle off camber…but alot better now im home;).

Oh god sorry to hear that matey, thankfully ive never really found myself in that situation, i hate fights anyway and i think you did well to inform your captain about the situation. Chin up duck!:slight_smile:

ta westie…get cha plums out;).

You did the right thing mate…

Did that guy have one eye in the middle of his head? :wink:

Attachments

homo.jpg

dude!! chill pill man…you take one o’them and give matey a f’off tablet…

i know how you feel mate, i have problems with controlling my temper, and it often gets the better of me.

tis hard to walk away…hard to count to ten…etc…

but try!! cos you wouldnt wana lose ya job over some idiot:)

• 1 i know how hard it can be to keep your cool when you know your doing the right thing, well done bruvRESPECT

Well done for doing your job by the book, not easy when you have dickheads as supervisors. Get yourself a punch bag in the garage and take your anger out on that. It works a treat.

Hey… whats up with you, theres no need for agro without good reason…
I once punched the company chairmans son in the face but that was cos he tried to stop me taking pens out of the stationary cupboard, get a grip .;):D:D:D

well done mate , if you are not willing to question ‘authority’ you shouldnt be in a possition of responsibility.

+1 geeza. And if all else fails wait for him outside with a van, plasticuffs and a spade :smiley: