Slightly tinted Iridium visor

Simple question…

Pulled over by fuzz.

Would I get done?

Depends on the circumstances.

Carry a clear one and don’t use it during the night then I’m sure you would be fine other than maybe a quick chat !

During daylight you’ll be fine.

During darkness, you’ll get done.

Thats the criteria I’ve used for the past 18 years and I’ve never been done for it.

Works for me.

AGV TiTech helmets used to come with a road legal iridium visor. If it is one of them I would say, no you will not get done. I use them and no problems at all.

you know you can get tinted prescription glasses that get darker in sunlight, is there anything you can buy similar for visors?

Don’t think so dude. I always carry a clear visor with me and wear a dark one in this sort of weather (enjoy whilst it lasts!). I don’t think plod would go too nuts if you have a clear one with you.

Suomy lids come with iridium visors. I’ve never been hassled for a tinted visor, ever, even when caught out at night with a race visor (open).

This should help!!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/March/mar26-apr1/mar2907greenlightfordarkvisors/?&R=EPI-90160

I think this is the closest they get to light reactive visorware

http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/products.asp?partno=Hyper

Not too sure but think that as long as it diffuses less than 7% light then your OK.

Fog City do an insert that is anti fog and changes colour like the prescription glasses.

I was once stopped by police in St Johns Wood whilst hunting around for Pavel Blue Bandit on my bike

I had not swapped my visors and police saw me and gave me a little reminder

I think they could tell I was looking for someone as I was parked up with helmet on, visor up

They might not be so lenient if you are on the motorway

Race visors have a handy carry bag for the visor which you can just drape over yourself

It’s a shame, but I don’t think this has really been answered yet.

As i understand the question, he’s only considering slightly tinted so looking to leave it on night & day and not bother carrying a clear. Am I right?

Ask Smiled

Basically a road legal visor should be marked with an appropriate marker (kite mark or E mark or some such similar) if it’s not then potentially you could get done for it. But most police forces are fairly leniant with this and tend not to do anythiong about it if you’re riding during the day. at night you should ahve a clear visor.

fog city do the hyperoptic lenses - i have used one in my shoei for over two years now and its only now starting to go bad… if you do get one - the ones from the us is so much better than the ones in the uk as the uk ones only go slightly darker… whereas the one i got from the states (same make btw) tints to the same shade as my dark visor.

in terms of my arai - although really good - its nowhere near as good as my dark visor!! in terms of being pulled - nope as long as they can see you carrying a spare visor!

I posted the answer to this a few months back, along with the change towards cans and plates…

Irridium/dark visors in daylight hours are ok.

ACPO have set out the guidelines and they say dark/Irridium visors in daylights hours are fine but consider prosecution if worn in adverse lighting conditions (fog etc) or at night…

Common sense tells you to wear clear at night…it’s no hassle to carry a clear one with you really, is it…

Common sense guide for dark visor use

Green light for dark visors By Steve Farrell

29 March 2007 10:24

Dark visors during daylight hours should not lead to prosecution, police have finally agreed.

The Motorcycle Enforcement Strategy for England, Wales and Northern Ireland says advice should be given only.

The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) asked riders through MCN what the strategy should be before drawing it up. Common sense on dark visors was one of your biggest demands.

The strategy also says illegal number plates should not lead to prosecution unless they are unreadable from 20.5 metres – another area in which you urged common sense.

On illegal dark visors during the day the strategy recommends “advice only”. It adds: “If used during the hours of darkness or conditions of reduced visibility, consider prosecution… Only in cases where there is an obvious danger should prosecution be considered.“

With regard to small plates it says: “It has been decided not to focus on the technicalities of the size of the plate or font size to comply with current legislation, but to apply a simple test of legibility, based upon the standard eyesight test for riders and drivers.”

The strategy has immediate effect. David Griffin, head of motorcycle safety for ACPO, warned it was guidance only. He said: “It’s not immunity from prosecution.”

<script src=“http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js” type=text/javascript></script>

did you say you got pulled by the fuzz…bet you that hurt