Significant changes to the injury claims process are getting nearer

How many of you are aware that from October 2018 significant changes are being made to the injury claims process?

It is going to affect many people, and in a lot of cases you will either
have to do it yourself, or pay your own legal representation which means
that many genuinely injured people will not be able sue a person or
company responsible for causing injury through negligence.

This article explains in more detail

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/news/road-traffic-accidents/do-not-run-out-of-time-to-make-your-claim-sweeping-changes-due-in-less-than-12-months-from-now/?utm_content=buffer9877c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Well, that sucks. The little guy gets shafted once again.

Imo dodgy claimants are part to blame for this. I’ve also seen injury lawyers take more than their fair share of the settlement.

TC does this affect claims already going through? … the one I spoke to you about over a year ago that is now five years old has gone back to stage 1!

(This claim is nothing to do with me)

TC does this affect claims already going through? ... the one I spoke to you about over a year ago that is now five years old has gone back to stage 1! (This claim is nothing to do with me) GSXRAng
No, it does not affect claims that are started prior to the new date in October 2018.  It will only affect claims made after the new date.
Imo dodgy claimants are part to blame for this. I've also seen injury lawyers take more than their fair share of the settlement. ShaunC
Dodgy claimants has always been an issue, I see more than my fair share of potential attempted crash for cash scam claims, but most are down to dodgy law firms owned by dodgy insurance companies who do not do proper risk assessments (which is a breach of CPR rules) or even dodgier claims management firms,

One ofmthe reasons that the new rules are being introduced is because it will hopefully put a stop to the majority of the shady whiplash crash for cash scams, but it also means that a lot of genuine claimants are going to get caught up in ths and lose out.

But it will also weed out many fo the dodgy firms (we all hope), so it is going to be a case of survival of the fittest and those who do their jobs properly

So to conclude if you have a crash post October 2018 make sure it’s a spectacular one :open_mouth::wink:

So to conclude if you have a crash post October 2018 make sure it’s a spectacular one 😮😉 Hold Da Kæft
Or make sure it is worth more than £5,000 if you want legal representation.

If the value of the claim is under £5,000, you will still have the option to make a claim yourself and issue proceedings against a defendant, it just means that you cannot get legal representation under a no win no fee or legal expenses insurance and claim back your legal costs.

So to conclude if you have a crash post October 2018 make sure it’s a spectacular one 😮😉 Hold Da Kæft
Or make sure it is worth more than £5,000 if you want legal representation.
T.C
I think that's what he meant by 'spectacular'... Go big or go home

Or make sure it is worth more than £5,000 if you want legal representation. T.C
I think that's what he meant by 'spectacular'... Go big or go home
Serrisan
Fair play, but a £5K claim in my world is non spectacular or high value....

Very valid point…