Shame-Metropolis Motorcycles, Vauxhall

Essential Rubber, FWR, Motorcycle Service Centre…

how old/new is it? is it a warranty claim you are looking at? if so, essential rubber probably wont do as they are not suzuki authorisded dealer…could try the new motoden suzuki dealer on dalston/kingsland road? im nmot sure where the other suzuki dealers are in town…i know there is a george white in slough that is suzuki?

MY FRIEND IS A INSTRUCTOR FOR THE VAUXHALL BRANCH AND EVEN SHE WONT TAKE HER BIKE THERE! SAYS A LOT!!!

hi, happy to help if we can, give Tom a call at westlondonsuzuki on 02088319011 or e-mail our workshop manager on [email protected], we also have rolling road facilities which aid diagnosis a bit quicker,regards-Mark

I have nothing but headaches and frustration from Metropolis. When Ducati gave them the franchise for London I became even more disappointed to potentially having to get my bikes serviced there. The staff seem to be nothing but rude, arrogant guys with little knowledge. I have only had one good experience with them and that was buying a helmet.

It seems that they cater to the scooter crowd that just can’t be bothered and are willing to put up with the attitude. It is a shame, great location for a dealer.

I am glad to see I am not the only person that feels the same way.

Their clothing department is okay though :slight_smile:

Thats right lets believe other people who don’t get thier own way. Every company has it’s short falls liek LLoyds, barclays and HBOS but we still bank there don’t we? It’s obvious to me that as Londons premier dealer Metropolis motorcycles continue to try and improve on thier service on all aspects. As it happens this thread has been taken very seriously and is in the process of being dealt with.

i bought my new r1 from george whites in shoreditch and the salesman dan used to work there he completely ripped them as a company. if ya want a good yamaha dealer go to george whites in shoreditch, very good reliable and very friendly.

George White, 154-158 shoreditch high street, london E1 6HU.

Iain

I went into that shop wanting to buy a bike, But as i paused to think about the price that they offered, they suggested to me (that i wasnt really interest) my next sentence was “have you got any second hand” but as i said that i did lose interest and left. MUGS. no wonder why the internet is taking over sales from retailers, they cause there own problems these shops do?..

I was recently tempted by a Nexus they had in the secondhand selection out front. Went back the next day and they had managed to knock the mirror off. I kind of went off the idea of buying from them if they can’t look after their own bikes.

well bought lots of parts from them had my mot done there aswell was a great service guess it helps i know one of the sales guys and 2 of the mechanics

I’ve heard plenty of bad things about the big M, but when it came to buying my new tuono, they are a walk away so went there (Greenwich branch).
Have to say, I feel sorry for the Greenwich staff as they seem to be tarred with the same brush as Vauxhall. They’ve always been really good to me and seem much friendlier… have time to chat etc.

Sales - admittedly I was spending a barrell load but when I couldn’t afford to get all the kit with it, he said just to pay him later and actually took off his own boots for me to keep (having already made the deal - he said he had just got some new ones). THrouroughly decent boots too, still using them today a year later. Actually walked the bike out onto the road in his socks - you can’t ask more than that :slight_smile:

Servicing - heard they are expensive, but can’t compare like for like so don’t really know. They didn’t seem to knowledgeable about Aprilias, but my bike is always returned in A1 condition… Little things really - I went in for them to check my chain tension (after snapping one a month earlier). Guy came out, checked it and then gave me a free can of chain grease.

So like I say - I’ve spent a small fortune in there over the past year - but they’ve always been friendly and with the little things like the free boots and chain lube they’ve kept what is now a loyal customer for years.

(do you think I shouldput my name + address on this, they might give me preferential treatment next time I go in :slight_smile: )

Great…

I stuck mine in 4 days ago and it hasn’t even been looked at. I’ve got a warranty extension so it needs to go to a kwak dealer.

Anyone know any others preferably near Croydon or on the South siiiiiiide

911 boy has gone all quiet,
has he been sacked? shamed? or silenced?
any ideas?
:slight_smile:

Are you getting a bonus for your efforts here???

haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Was gonna say the same :smiley:

i took my bike there - just to pick up a replaceent lower case assy and they had no idea what part was what… the computer ‘blew up’ the image and they still couldn’t hit the nail on the head. When he thought he finally hit the nail i said i’ll contact him if i want him to order it… that’s my only experience with them and doubt i’d go back from what people on this post have said!

i agree if your not holding a wod of cash and screaming “loads of money” they wont get off the fone.

infinity in aldershot? good bunch of blokes bought a new jacket and chain lube was meant to be 159 quid all together geezer gave me a tenner off like made my fckin day that did,quality!:slight_smile:

I went to that store in Vauxhall when I was looking for a new bike and I regrettably have to agree with most posts here, the service was poor.

My experience was that the sales guys weren’t attentive, they didn’t really seem to care. I thought Jesus if that’s the case before they’ve even taken your money, wonder what its like after.

Real shame though as it is a great position for a bike shop. I just expect better and hopefully if this forum (and others like it) makes them aware of the feedback and they up their game - everyone wins.