Shame - London Scooters (near Tower Bridge)

Just to be devils advocate but the bulb could have failed as they started to test it, they did replace it after all. Never met a mechanic that wanted to change a bulb that doesn’t need changing - unnecessary work when there are loads of bikes to get through in the day. The guy has offered to show his own cctv footage, if he was dodgy then why would he do that? It takes a business years to get a good reputation but only a minute to tarnish it. Please think your actions through before people victimise a dealer and post negative reviews when they are not involved. A little humanity goes a long way, the staff at the dealership draw a wage that is directly related to how well or poorly the business does. Don’t mean to be preachy at all, just trying to give a balanced view here.

How does the video show the bulb was working fine when it only shows it works on dipped beam?

Is a non-working high beam not an MOT failure?

Pat makes a fair point, its a dual filament H4 bulb. It may be that the dipped beam filament was fine but the main beam filament had failed.

Surely that would have been the point of his rant were it the case?

The manager informed me that both filaments in the bulb were dead when they replaced it.

Let’s take this into perspective. 

Are they a dodgy mechanic - potentially, although I would more likely be arguing that they fitted the wrong bulb, not whether the bulb was not broken.

Can you ever be 100% sure that they conned you out of £20.50 - no

Is the charge excessive for the job they did (if they honestly found something wrong) - not really though see point 1 about them being useless

Have you ranted and warned others - yes

Are you going to get your money back - unlikely

Is it worth spending more time on this - I wouldn’t. Do you really have the time or inclination to keep going back to see what you can deal with? In my experience mechanics who won’t do something at first request, are unlikely to do so after multiple argument. In fact, I wouldn’t want someone touching my bike after I’ve had an argument with them. If you feel like reporting them, go for it.

Is it right for other to post bad reviews just to back up the ‘LB voice’ - I disagree with this. We don’t run as a pack and I don’t know all the facts. Also, I have not had a bad experience so reviewing a place I have no experience with makes the whole review system void.

Let's take this into perspective. 

Are they a dodgy mechanic - potentially, although I would more likely be arguing that they fitted the wrong bulb, not whether the bulb was not broken.

Can you ever be 100% sure that they conned you out of £20.50 - no

Is the charge excessive for the job they did (if they honestly found something wrong) - not really though see point 1 about them being useless

Have you ranted and warned others - yes

Are you going to get your money back - unlikely

Is it worth spending more time on this - I wouldn’t. Do you really have the time or inclination to keep going back to see what you can deal with? In my experience mechanics who won’t do something at first request, are unlikely to do so after multiple argument. In fact, I wouldn’t want someone touching my bike after I’ve had an argument with them. If you feel like reporting them, go for it.

Is it right for other to post bad reviews just to back up the ‘LB voice’ - I disagree with this. We don’t run as a pack and I don’t know all the facts. Also, I have not had a bad experience so reviewing a place I have no experience with makes the whole review system void.

Serrisan
This. The mob mentality doesn't help anyone.

Yep agreed, reviews on second hand experiences are just wrong and a bit harsh TBH. Yeah, I had a bad experience, particularly from a customer relations POV, I’m not really expecting anything out of this now (and £20 is not a lot of milk to cry over). I’m done with it at least.

+1

I also fell for London Scooters way back as a newbie. Replaced my battery before my MOT. got the bill afterwards and they put in a new battery. They just suck money out if thin air and have an aggressive defence which people rather back away from than confront. Never been back. Avoid this vendor at all costs.

I had an issue with Etty & Tyler in Forest Gate
They failed my MoT saying my rear shock absorber was “the worst he had seen in 60 years”. I didn’t see any of the freeplay myself. I took the bike to another MoT centre and it passed. They even carefully looked at the rear shock and couldn’t find a problem.