SHAME - Chiswick Honda and Honda UK

had a similar prob with my bike but it was not a honda after taking it back to the dealer several times kept saying there was no problem,no faults recorded on e.c.u or anything. so evenualy i convinced them to change e.c.u as a precaution after that it never happend again so e.c.u was faulty not recording any faults & causing the sudden lose of power.

Excellent comment fast eddie, thank you.

[edit]To be completely precise the “full revs” means that after the loss of power it returns to the revs where the throttle is set.

It could be the TPS (Yamaha had a similar problem a couple of years ago) it could be the ECU. Its definately NOT “water in some electrics somewhere” which Chiswick said, as the bike has not been near water since the service last wednesday.

Either way the bike is dangerous to ride at the moment… I’m going to take it back to dobles for another look, and I’m going to write to honda UK again - like ive got the time to feck about with this - i bought a new bike to avoid any problems for gods sake.[/edit]

damn you are really having a shite time with the bike - I’d have probably left it on their forecourt by now with a burning rag hanging out of the fuel cap looking like something from ghost rider!!

Amazing how bike dealerships so often seem to fall way short on service.
Can’t imagine you having these problems with a Honda car dealership, my local one seems to fall over themselves helping me with my 7yr old car to them. Imagine an old dear having life threatening instances like Red whilst in her 4 month old civic, watchdog etc would be all over it!!

Maybe as bikers we just want to get on with it and are happy to try and sort things out ourselves more than car owners?

Keep on at them, send letters to everyone at Honda you can find who is important until you get a answers. Worries me though that if they are such a well publicized dealer with issues why us bikers don’t just vote with out feet and never give them another ££? Car industry is in serious trouble, you would think that they would see our worth to them.

I have to say that Honda Uk are doing their level best at this time to get me sorted out. I have been speaking to their customer services manager and she has been brilliant, I take back the Shame to Honda UK they really are pulling out all the stops.

However I have made a decision. I feel that my faith in the bike is gone, and will never return, and I cannot be arsed with fecking about trying to get it working so the CB is going and I will be forking out for a different bike.

I feel my bike has a glitch and is not indicative of the CB1000R as a whole. I have run out of patence in trying to find out what the problem is, I just need a bike that works. Therefore it is outta here.

Can’t fault there part dept though, very helpful and quick

I Agree, Chiswick Honda is a load of shite!

the best thing in there is the Rivets for clothes or accessories.

if i start a list I’ll be here all night, I bought my 08 blade there, and against my better judgment i take it there for servicing, but now i think i will look into reading Honda if they are better.