Shame - Aye-Gee Motorcycles 211-219 Bellgrove Road Welling Kent

seems to me this bloke was another on here to stir the sh1t about a shop etc.

last login was same day he put up said thread.

…maps are cheap. if i was going to rely on a GPS to get me accross europe i would still have a mpa in a plastic waterproof wallet ready and waiting in my bag. I would have visually checked the leccy parts and sthe rest out myself before the service and after the service. Yes arguebly the service should have picked it up / maybe but you are the one riding it and you are the one making sure that this heap of metal and plastic is going to get you to your destination so you do need to take a bit of ownership in identifying issues / potential issues with your machinery. in my humble opionion.

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic113638-50-1.aspx

??? not always bad then?

No! I don’t think they are with the limited experience I have of them. They did a front caliper refurb for me, didn’t put new pads in though. probably cus they were ok and I didn’t ask them to. bought stuff in the shop always found them very helpfull and no rip off pricing.

I think with most shops, they will do exactly what you ask them to do nothing more.

is that ‘andy’ guy the one with the glasses ? if so i agree he is a c*ck …

I have always found Aye Gee’s parts department very good. They can normally get Suzuki stuff next day.

i cant fault the service i recieve

These guys are local to me.

I haven’t used their service dept but parts were very efficient.

They are more ‘business like’ than ‘friendly’ I’d say - so not much chance of a chat in there - but nothing wrong with that, its a business after all…

i regularly do 5000 miles round europe on my hols, i take a garmin 2610 with hardly no probs, but i also use it in conjuction with one of those paper map thingys.

i use sat nav as a guide, and not the be all and end all,i dont fully trust the sat nav to go the route i want to go, i normally navigate 150 miles at a time, following the map as well.

It did pack up once cos of muck on the plug, i just used the sun to navigate.

tis not hard,as regards coming home, why couldnt he get it fixed where ever he was, abroad they have shops you know.

So in summery you had a shunt on your bike at some point was it repaired at AyeeGee’s? Do you expect the AygGee technician to know this & on the service and strip the loome test all connection for pending failures & faults did you ask them to do this would you be prepared to pay the labour? Indicators not work invalidate your insurance not sure thats the case was the recovery driver rubbing his hands together all the way back to blighty? Hope you have more luck with your bmer mate are their technicians trained in extra sensory perception now then?

NatTec buy a mapbook its cheeper and less likly to go wrong.

Cant comment on their customer service they’ve always been good for me.

Interesting thread to resorect, and being your first post i can only assume you have something to do with Ay-gee Motorcycles, why else would you dig this one up?

:D:w00t: PJ, you do make me giggle sometimes… It does tend to stick out like a sore thumb when people do things like this… sorry stuz81ade, but it does read like that.

Perhaps an official reply from aye-gee would be cool… you’re my local dealer I should add, and would like to see something from them. I too have not had a good experience re: back protector i bought from them.